Boudicca A/w 2004

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Not bad, perhaps a bit less commercial and more aggressive than the previous two. The tailoring is the absolute highlight :flower:

Kind of warrior-esque this collection

Again,standouts are the tailored coats

A bit aggressive with the all the bondage strapping

BOUDICCA designers Zowie Broach and Brian Kirky have plenty to smile about this morning, following rave reviews of their show yesterday and this week's Bafta success of their favourite leading lady, Scarlett Johannson. But you won't catch them at it. Theirs is a collection that could furnish children nightmares, described by Hilary Alexander in today's Telegraph as "the boldest, most anarchic showing seen at London Fashion Week since Alexander McQueen departed three years ago". From a desolate moorland backdrop, inspired by Badlands, the cult film of runaway teens who turn to murder, Boudicca's black-eyed models stalked out, staring ghoulishly from under perverse white wimples (Look 3, 32) or the hood of a transparent metallic nylon macs, with a sheen as if stained by blood and worse (Look 18). It was tough, but well constructed and very beautiful in places - like the tailored black coats, which came with razor-sharp leather lapels (Look 19) or bound by neon green leather garrottes (Look 23), and a sumptuous ghost white fur (Look 34), which would look a lot less extreme when removed from the severe setting. Broach and Kirky, who have themselves now earned cult status, didn't drop the hard act as they took their bows, though. Don't expect a compromise. (February 17 2004, AM)

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 17th, 2004 - 6:46 pm
The metallic,blood-stained effects
probably my fave of the collection

best pieces, the coats (adorable and well constructed )
and the fur look :heart:

:blink: i understood right?
did scarlett j. wore Boudicca at the baftas ?
because if she did, this dress was a bit :sick: :innocent:

my my :innocent: very strong group... :heart: :flower:

thank you scott :flower:

i think I liked it so much i'm going to look at it again now! :smile:

YES!!!!!! Iam so exited that Boudicca is back to there old selves. What i love about there work is that they do have a stroung political stance.

I love that they have a feeling for the dark underbelly of the world but also a very poetic sens. :heart: :ninja:

I really really really lvoe this collection, and to me it is so poeniegnt(sp) t this day and age. :cry: :heart: :heart:

Also I whant to say how much i love there use of textur. It really adds somethings pecial
and the metalic. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->