Boudicca S/s 05

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Scott, Sep 23, 2004.

1. prixi

prixi New Member

I like that it doesn't bore me. Not very wearable, but I like it.

2. runner

runner .

some more

3. runner

runner .

4. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

the white boots with the fine-pleated chiffon attachements are awesome... where did you get those shots from the showroom? I think with Boudicca, you have to see the clothes in person, it´s very finely detailed.

5. faust

faust New Member

agreed. and their fabrics are exquisite.

6. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

7. Alura

Alura New Member

I love Boudicca too!

8. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

and the cuts:heart:

9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Those pretty much attest to the justification of how much their clothes are....utterly beautiful!

10. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

but you know their prices are not so bad as alot of designers with much less talent and quality. I remember seeing a beautiful black dress for like 300 something, wich isn't cheap but it's not crazy.

11. Scott

yeah,you're right about that. Although,on Seven,that blouse with the volume-played sleeves is $800. But then again,that's the struggling dollar for you. Otherwise,I would expect that blouse to be much less elsewhere.

12. faust

faust New Member

yea, i think the $300 prices are from 2 years ago and more, when they weren't as established. however, i think the prices are justified (as far as any designer prices can be justified that is), because the stuff is exquisite. apparently Barneys think the same, as they put Boudicca next to Alaia and Rochas on their new 2nd floor :shock: :woot:

13. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

The only thing I found a bit confusing with Boudicca is that it seemed as if they had matured in S/S 2004, in which they showed they can do both edgy AND wearable, only to quit the path the following season. I find some of the pieces quite wearable and elegant, others a bit busy and overdone. It´s a bit difficult to decide since I never saw their latest collections in person, but I guess there must have been "easier" pieces as well. I am very interested how they evolve now that they have moved their shows to New York, although I would have liked it better if they showed in Paris...

14. Scott

You and the rest of us,tricot. Although,the destination(after their explaination)seems quite logical as America has the largest Boudicca market of anybody. But perhaps,they will this upcoming season because they haven't actually "moved" to NY,just showed. And they do showroom's already in Paris every season so maybe that'll be their next step. I think the presentation in NY was mainly to show some gratitude toward American buyer's for supporting them.

As far as your first statement,I will agree with that. I don't know,I love them dearly but sometimes they can be a bit inconsistent. More so now since they got the AmX sponsorship. Actually,this S/S collection has by far been the best work I've seen since the lucritive deal.

15. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I think showing in NY was a good chance for them to get more press, especially in the boringness of NY fashion week:ninja: . To be honest I foudn their S/S 2004 collection their worst, not that it was bad, just not really as good as they usually do. But I think it was probably inffluenced by the Amex deal, wich happend around then I think. There was some intresting things about boudicca and Amex on Diane pernet's journal a few days ago... and theres an interview with them in the new issue of Anthem.