British Indie Rock

Reaction score
Anyone enjoy British indie rock bands like The Kooks?

Lately I've been bored of all other music and would love some new recommendations within the genre and such. By the way, I love the Brit bands that I listen to because their music goes along quite well with the world of fashion.

... One Night Only, anyone?

The Courteeners are definitely worth checking out, as are The Jam if you're not already familiar with them. I've met One Night Only a few times after their gigs, they're all really sound guys and play really well live. Not that big a fan of The Kooks!

^ Are you actually from the UK? Why is it I've met people from there not fond of The Kooks?

Fashionography, I'm from Ireland :smile: For a start, they're played a lot on the radio in the UK and they're not particularly original. They didn't really 'start' anything, they were born out of the whole Libertines indie rock scene. For me personally, they don't offer very much in musical creativety. I think a lot of people feel that way here.

I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm also not a huge fan of The Kooks. You should definitely check out last.fm. I love that site. I've found so many new artists there that I may not have heard otherwise.

They aren't all British Indie but artists such as Great Lake Swimmers, Angus and Julia Stone, Laura Marling, Slow Club, Bon Iver, Bobby Long, The Tallest Man on Earth... all worth a listen.

Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Joy Division, Mystery Jets, Stereophonics, The Stone Roses, The Cinematics, The Last Shadow Puppets, White lies, Elbow... these are just a few of my favourites.

I think their cd is quite boring. But Kasabian is aaaaaawesome. "Underdog" is one of my favorite live songs.

My favorite ones are Arctic Monkeys and The Libertines, but I also like Franz Ferdinand and The Kooks.

I absolutely love british indie rock: i really like one night only and vaccines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->