Singers/bands in your country that we should check out

From Denver Colorado P Nuckle
http://www.myspace.com/pnuckle

They're very chilled out reggae ska punk. Awesome bass lines and vocals.

I'm embarrassed to admit that The Frey is from Denver. Check out P Nuckle, for a good representation of the local music here.

Not in my country. But check out this Swedish band called: The Sounds. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Foreign Music Recommendations

Recently, I've been discovering music from foreign countries. Mostly French Music such as France Gall, but I would love to discover more variety. If you have any recommendations post them here.

I recommend Alla Pugacheva and Fillip Kurkorov for pop and dance-ish Russian Music. :buzz:

Without a doubt and it also becomes evident in fashion weeks. Despite some like Valentino and Sonya Rykiel using french songs, the runway soundtracks of fashion weeks are dominated by english music. Therefore, its truly a shame. Its not particularly a bad issue, but I would like to see some variety in music choices, especially in Milan and Paris.

I think the best way of discovering 'foreign' music (though I would argue that a lot of bands are now known a lot more widely) is by listening to the radio of that respective country. Most radio stations stream themselves online. Thats how I stay connected to UK music when I'm back in Canada

how is foreign defined...
cause it's going to be something different to everyone depending where you are from...
ans we are really international...

so shouldn't it just be music recommendations ...
or maybe music in languages other than english?...

:unsure:

I meant music in languages which are foreign to you. Since we are an international community, someone from Germany may find english music foreign.... However, since english music is the majority I think its a good idea to clarify: 'Music in Languages other than english'. Long thread title :lol:

This is a great idea for a thread! I don't listen to French music much, as I prefer English stuff... but I'll think about what's popular (and good :rolleyes:) here and I'll come back with ideas.

Off the top of my head though, I'd suggest Anik Jean, Jean Leloup, Pierre Lapointe, Jonas (NOT the Jonas brothers lol)... erm yeah. More later. :P

And please, just DON'T get Jacques Villeneuve's album, seriously. :doh: It's AWFUL :yuk:

i have to say...i really dont like music in any other language than english :ninja: and its not even my first language

So for Iceland...
Sigur Rós if you haven't checked it out already.
Amína they have been touring with Sigur Rós very special band.
Björk of course!

But if your into electro and you like the French artist Uffie you should check out Steed Lord
steedglobalbw450ec3.jpg

myspace.com/steedlord

Then there is Motion Boys they are new new new!!! and really good.
l_8ab2bae0b0bae7630c9ac41f44d9bcd6.jpg

myspace.com/motionboys

Sometime is also very good!
http://www.myspace.com/sometimegroup

:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back