Brock Collection F/W 2018.19 New York

Very Peter Copping for Nina Ricci...

Very Peter Copping for Nina Ricci...

Really? I always think of Bottega Veneta circa late-'00s when I see their shows. Not that it isn't gorgeous, and it's way better than BV is right now, but...

Very pretty, and a beautiful color palette. I hate that look with the jeans, that was unnecessary. Other than that It's quite flawless.

Beautiful, but the ribbons as fastening or straps is getting a bit too messy for my taste. It's also so 2015/16!

I really love when you can see a brand evolving from season to season, challenging themselves and raising the bar. To be honest when they won the CFDA Award I didn't really see anything worthwhile in their work at that point, but I'm amazed by how much they've grown in the last few collections. The sense of romantic, bucolic femininity has been developed beautifully, and this collection in particular feels also very chic and expensive. Plus it's always refreshing to see clothes for women, in the literal sense.

I am honestly a bit bored, and that's coming from someone who really liked Brock Collection's first few shows. I thought the color palette was a bit drab - I know it's fall, but some rich emerald or petroleum pieces would have been a wonderful addition - and like ToniOrtega mentioned above, the ribbons as fastenings are quite passé. They showed up at both Proenza Schouler and Oscar de la Renta a few seasons ago in the same capacity, so their significance here is diminished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->