Brock Collection F/W 2019.20 New York

For some reasons, each time i see a Chanel suit on the runway, on the street or when i wear it, it doesn't feel "old". Yes, the fabrics are embellished, the length is right and i think the wearer is important...
But seriously, a short sleeves suit with a skirt below the knees and mathing bow tie on the waist, + matching boots= Terrible!

This is conservative and old in the worst possible way. I don't even think an older woman would want to wear this....
Terrible collection!

You cannot NOT think of Chanel with those tweed opening looks, I'm in agreement with you @[B]Lola701[/B]! Also notice a hint of Maria Grazia Chiuri's Dior with those khaki, white and belted looks.

The best part, for me, is toward the end with the red and floral prints. It's just feels like an afterthought of a collection, all over the place and incoherent from start to finish. A weak and referential offering!

Also notice a hint of Maria Grazia Chiuri's Dior with those khaki, white and belted looks.

I probably see that more than anything! The belted blazers, proportions of the skirts, it reminds me of MCG's pre-fall collection which Lola hated, and I secretly liked.
Ultimately, not an atrocious collection. Definitely in need of some editing. The sequence of the looks is all wrong and contrasting. I think with a more streamlined direction, this could have been something solid. Elie Saab touches aside.

I think the Chanel influenced tweeds were a misstep and a waste of 1/4 of the collection. The rest is still incredibly strong, the ending is their signature romance, the earthy greens reminiscent of their Californian roots, and the black and gold were glamorous. The white gown makes me want to get married, so good! They are the only highlight of NYFW any more for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->