Bruno Pieters retires his eponymous label

Ahh I was just wondering about him the other day.. it's so incredible, you rarely hear about real/solid comebacks after financial struggles when it comes to designers, really happy for him and obviously looking forward to his new line.. :heart:

Nice that he makes a return, not so nice to consider that it will likely result in clothes with even worse quality materials and finishing than his own line already was :/ ... Hugo gave him a good platform to realize the same (or even better) degree of quality as his own lime, which partially accounted to the reason why his own label suffered during his double-duty... with Weekday backing this collaboration, I can't imagine how his clean line would translate well. I am having my doubts...

Attachments

• brunopieters1web.jpg
    brunopieters1web.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 3
Hope this is not a one-off thing and that I haven't jinxed it. :ninja:

well- that coat looks good anyway...
:P...

i really didn;t realize that he was working at hugo boss...
seems like an odd match--
i always think of his stuff as soft and romantic- with an edge...
while hugo boss is all clean classic tailoring...
hmmm...
or maybe i am mixing him up with robert cary-williams...

well- this is all very interesting and i really do wish him the best...
he's always done good work, imo...

Ah, this is a nice surprise. I have never bought anything from Weekday, as it's not really my style. But the store is in my town and I love Pieter's earlier work so I hope to see something nice. :heart:

weekday is apparently derived from the design collective who created the brand cheap monday. the latter which ann-sofie back designs for too. interesting collaborations.

and for his first foray back on the scene i'm okay with this. it's an experiment. it's cheap and easy for sure but it does appear to still have his identity encapsulated around it.

Yeah Weekday has done designer collabs before with Eley Kishimoto, Peter Jensen, Stine Goya and Carin Wester if I remember correctly. So mostly Scandinavian designers.

^i thought i heard of them before....eley kishimoto,yes!

^Judging by that logo I wonder if it will be available exclusively on theOutnet.com? Looks like their colors and font. Or has Bruno always used a logo like that?

^ Nope, Bruno has never used a logo like that - it's so exciting, Elle Belgium is calling it his "comeback":

(translated from Dutch using Google Translate...)

The Belgian designer Bruno Pieters comes after an absence of two years back with its own line. It states on its website.

According to the announcement (with video) on his website to the world on 30 January introduction to himself as a line, "a groundbreaking label with a radically new model for the fashion industry 'describes. From Bruges in 1999, earned his degree at the Antwerp Fashion Academy and went as a young designer to work for Maison Martin Margiela and Christian Lacroix Haute Couture. In 2001 he made his debut with a private collection in Paris. Six years later, Peter was Creative Director at Hugo by Hugo Boss after two years but kept it to himself again looked to its own line of the concentrate. That there was still no end of last year created the Flemish designer still an exclusive collection for Swedish brand Weekday.

http://nl.elle.be/Fashion/Nieuws/Bruno-Pieters-maakt-comeback-met-baanbrekend-label

While his website which never updated has changed to only the video:
http://www.brunopieters.com/video/index.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->