softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from wwd...excerpt...
Thursday, March 17, 2005
Opposites Attract at Burberry London
By Samantha Conti

LONDON —
“I wanted a combination of functional military pieces and soft, feminine ones,” said Bailey“And, as always, we want the collection to be classic, traditional — and youthful.”
Burberry London is sold alongside the Burberry Prorsum collection, although it’s slightly more commercial and less expensive.
As always, Bailey started with the company’s iconic trenchcoat for Burberry London. There are lightweight tweed coats with no epaulets, tobacco-toned washed leather ones, suede styles and others made from metallic leather that glisten like their wet. “I wanted them to look like they’ve been rained on,” said Bailey with a big smile.
The designer also turned to regimental looks for inspiration, slimming down military coats and taking the bulk out of army jackets.
On a lighter note, there are fluttery washed silk dresses with ruffles spilling down the front, and sexy skirts made from the same lightweight, wrinkly fabric. William Morris-inspired nature prints wind their way across velvet devoré skirts and onto silk jacquard coats, while water flower prints bloom across chiffon dresses.
Colors are rich and not for the faint of heart, including burnt orange, olive, tobacco, deep sapphire, citrine and garnet. The William Morris prints carry over from the main collection, as do fabrics such as Mongolian lamb for shearling coats and gilets; variations on velvet for skirts and dresses, and lightweight tweeds for skirt suits.**

Attachments

• burblondon.jpg
    burblondon.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 84
God I love Christopher Bailey!
He knows Burberry's history and keeps it up!
But his own personal, update twist he gives it..
makes it look so so great!
I love the Burberry Prorsum Fall '05 collection!

Thanks for the article Softgrey:flower:
Burberry London has very nice pieces and as the article less expensive and it has a lot of similarities to the Prorsum line

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->