Burberry Prorsum Pre-Fall 2010

i love this palatte. it's seriously high-polish, refined balmain spring/summer 2010. i die over those shearling jackets.

I'm really having a soft spot for Christopher's collections last time and this one is no exception. Beautiful, especially the coats, yummy.

If I could wear one designer exclusively, it would be Burberry. I want it all!
:heart:

Gorgeous collection! LOVE the military style pieces. That olive green is my favourite colour at the moment.

That white feather coat is sensational! I can't wait for the mens show in January, I really hope he includes some detail in the clothing this season, the shows have become progressively simpler over the past few years and it would be great to see a break from this pattern. Anyone know if Burberry is showing in London again this Septemeber? I hope so!

I'm droooooooooooooooooooooling over mens' garments OMG, I adooooore the denim shirt omg omg omg gotta have it. I am so in love that I can not even think straight xD, I don't know what to say, I can't stop staring at mens xD

I am beginning to think that this is literally a joke. Bailey has "designed" this same collection for the past 4 years. I just can't believe it...it's actually shocking.

Of course there are many pieces I think are gorgeous, and would love to wear, but I simply cannot get past the fact that he shows this exact collection 4 times a year...sure he changes the colors and the fabrics, but it is essentially a carbon copy of his last dozen or more collections. Mind-boggling, really.

^are you kidding? christopher bailey has experimented more with the different aspects of the burberry canon while remaining entirely true to that brand. from gold coats to feathered masterpieces to beautiful minimalism to bulky furs. he's constantly evolving yet giving us something we can rely on....

00310m.jpg
00560m.jpg

00180m.jpg
00090m.jpg

style.com

^^Like I said, he always experiments with surface texture and color, but the silhouette, the shape and styling is always the same.
00260m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00090m.jpg

22m.jpg
14m.jpg

13m.jpg
00010m.jpg

(style.com)

I would wear everything from the mens collection. Love It!!

men's stuffs are to shy, good to go at grandma's, to show her we've been good boys

I actually like Bailey's work for Burberry. I like the subtle integration and evolution of materials and trends into his work, the fact that he's always on the same page as every other major house but every single look is still recognizably and consistently Burberry, he has a specific woman set in mind and favors a certain kind of styling [coats + belt being part of it] that's always modern, a little geeky but fairly accessible for most women.. I appreciate that, it might be too safe or dull for some but I think vision can stay clearer and closer to relevance when you move slowly and gradually instead of seasonally jumping and trading your aesthetic and the legacy of the house you represent just to see what might give you better exposure [MJ at LV? :innocent:].

thanks for all the pics, classicalbang.

^^Like I said, he always experiments with surface texture and color, but the silhouette, the shape and styling is always the same.
(style.com)

of COURSE he's going to return to the trench coat! that's the very FOUNDATION of the house of burberry. do we disparage karl for pearls or pilati for pants or frida for horsebits? with respect to silhouette, he's done everything from giving us flowy and away from the body to absolutely sleek and skin tight. he's given us tweedy tradition and metallic innovation within months of each other.

00480m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00120m.jpg

(source: style.com; gq.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back