Burberry Pre-Fall 2019

The classic bourgeois part! OMG...So desirable!
I just can't wait to buy those clothes. This is what i want to wear now and what i want to wear to work!
It's obviously following the main SS show but it's good. I think it's even better because it's well edited.

The streetwear part just kills the whole vibe. It's well done and it has a purpose but come'on.
The black logo suit in jacquard could be perfect for a woman! So desirable (and i'm not a logo person!).I'm totally sold on their new monogram...

Please erase the 9th look at #3...no more giant logo please.

It's so irrelevant, like the commercial, ugly child of Phoebe's Céline and Clare Waight Keller's Chloé, just without any charm. The menswear here does literally nothing.

The first part is so good. I was like "oh this is going to be great until the next streetwear part." Well, it lasted 30 seconds.

Just like his first show, I love the more elegant part and I am absolutely underwhelmed by the rest, especially the menswear. There isn't a single desirable pieces there for me.

this is somewhere between cool and trying a bit too hard

The menswear seems like an afterthought. He really needs to focus on the bourgeois part and head that route with elements of glamour.

The menswear is such an afterthought that it doesn't need any critique

love the womenswear too! dont care about the menswear.
he s moving somewhere and is trying developing an own identity for burberry.....lots of really nice pieces I would love to buy

It looks better than his first collection!
Plus I love the menswear looks!

The first part is so good. I was like "oh this is going to be great until the next streetwear part." Well, it lasted 30 seconds.
I don’t know why he feels like he has to show everything at once. He can do one season more edgy and another more classic and make some of the pieces part of a permanent collection. The first part looks very directional!
The thing about the streetwear is that he did that before everybody else and looking at it, it looks like a throwback to what we were already tired of when he was at Givenchy.

Do we need to see a sweatshirt, as beautiful as it can be, on a runway in 2018? No!

But I must admit that his streetwear is much more appealing than what Virgil and co are doing.

Do we need to see a sweatshirt, as beautiful as it can be, on a runway in 2018? No!

But I must admit that his streetwear is much more appealing than what Virgil and co are doing.
That's mainly my problem. I have seen everything before. And with the B series he is pushing, why don't he make that street focus and then leave the directional modern bourgeois to the main collection. His collection lacks focus and that makes it uninteresting.

He is so hell-bent on creating an establishment vs. "proletariat" commentary in his collections, he ends up offering looks that are downright incoherent. With how things have been going, it's getting clearer to me that he's applying a Michele approach in which selling as many items as possible is favored over building some cohesion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->