Bottega Veneta Pre-Fall 2019

There’s a potential....
I quite like it. I wish it was more slick and some pieces looks crafty but it’s fine.
Obviously it looks very Phoebe but at the same time Paco Rabanne and Chloe had that Nicolas flavor...

One thing that I find interesting is that I get some touches of Tom Ford for Gucci and Prada. It has that early 00’s luxury nostalgic touch that I like. When I looked at this collection I went back to the Gucci FW2000 and it’s totally in the same spirit as this.

This looks modern and at the same time timeless and desirable. I’m a former Celine customer so this speak to me but I wish that it has less style effects or gimmicks and was more straight to the point.

The color palette is good.

The weak point here is the wing bag. It makes it too obvious...
All the brands have that bag already. We don’t need that.
The big woven leather bag looks more interesting.

And the sneakers in the menswear part! Burn them!

Nevertheless, it’s a promising introduction.

Now this brand has become "Bóttega Véneta" for sure...sooo Céline that it only lacks the accent marks!

There are some interesting pieces...but it lacks identity as a whole.

what i thought was interesting about celine was that it eventually became about taste and phoebe pushing herself constantly.
to me this feels a bit like doing celine by numbers, which is fine because there is a desire for something resembling celine but if he wants to become like his old boss he should challenge himself.

i'm not sure a guy can really do that for women.

agree with tatouejeremie

its nice.but even the way he shot the lookbook and the overall feeling of the collection, the accessories, the bags, the shoes, the jewelry, styling etc....too much like phoebes Celine. come on, do something on your own.and yes, challenge yourself!
so because of all this, even if its actually a nice collection, Its actually very poor. I am curious for his first runway collection, but seeing this I already know what the outcome will be

Because Phoebe didn't do menswear at Céline and this certainly resembles her tenure, I am interested in the mens looks. I especially adore the camel leather parka with a surprise orange hood lining, it's sublime. And I think the bags are fantastic and very desirable.

The Celine vibe was to be expected but, as for Chloe by NRL, for some reason I am not bothered, in the end as head of RTW, the Celine identity must have been some of his own doing too rather than him being just a hand jotting down Phoebe's mind.

I really like this. I think more so than Celine, there's the aura of that late 90s hyper sleek, slightly sensual, luxurious minimalism from Helmut Lang, Jil Sander, Hermes by Margiela that I love for. But it's also very contemporary. It's a strong first chapter, really looking foward to seeing him develop his vision. And I'm glad that from this collection and his interviews, he seems like someone with the right and very much needed today vision of fahion and luxury!

I actually really like them. You can see his graduation collection from CSM online. Actually, it reminds me a bit of his own collection. The menswear are really nice, i would love to feel the real thing, not a fan of leather, but the silhouette and materials are supreme. I think one thing that Celine captures the costumer's heart are the materials and quality, I believe Daniel has no problem with this. I just hope Kering could give him some more time to develop his aesthetic and collection
I'm sure they want to create Phoebe's Celine, but will the costumers love it? it's too soon to tell and I've heard the switch the whole Celine's accessories team to Loewe for the Bags. Let's see the Kering VS LVMH game soon..

Really gorgeous! I think the Bottega Veneta customer will appreciate it as well.

Tomas was great but I hope this guy will bring some much needed excitement to BV.

it's a nice enough collection but I cannot get over how cynical this feels. I was a Celine customer but will pass this.

Saw the pictures of the new Flagship store in Ginza! From the interior design to the actual products, they are really going at it. It’s Celine 2.0/Loewe Like really!

Kering is really coming at you LVMH!

agree with tatouejeremie

its nice.but even the way he shot the lookbook and the overall feeling of the collection, the accessories, the bags, the shoes, the jewelry, styling etc....too much like phoebes Celine. come on, do something on your own.and yes, challenge yourself!
so because of all this, even if its actually a nice collection, Its actually very poor. I am curious for his first runway collection, but seeing this I already know what the outcome will be
This is my thinking, too.

The clothes are quite nice...as many others have pointed out, they have a similar quality and appeal as late 90's Helmut, Margiela/Hermes, etc. There's the ease, but also the sex appeal as well as the oddity. Feels cosmopolitan. I'm into it.

However - I agree...the presentation (and the accessories) are too Celine, and it's kind of a buzz kill. How unoriginal! I know he's a former employee of that house, so obviously his input was a part of Celine...but regardless...he's going to have to develop a voice and identity for Bottega that feels unique and personal, and really, at this point, more in the marketing and visual department, since the clothes aren't half bad. But having a Juergen Teller-esque lookbook just isn't going to cut it at this point. Snooze!

All that said...even though I like the clothes (both men's and women's)...it's still just underwhelming in a way. Corporate fashion just isn't the place to look anymore for something truly inspiring. It's so clear they're gunning for the previous Celine shopper. Fine, but that's not as interesting as doing something unique as a brand. Whatever. Fashion is over, anyway. Not sure why I still bother to care!

^Phoebe gangsters....I hope they could develop their own style instead of repeating what PP did...it's not bad but I am already tired. We already see news like former Celine designer is appointed XXXXX..

There are many designers who used to word in the Tom Ford design team but they are all doing well in their own terms..Stefano Pilati, Francesco Russo, Francesco Costa, Christopher Bailey, Clare Waight Keller and so on...Tom Ford is the principal of West Point in Fashion, like Sidney Toledano in fashion management:flower:

The fabrics look stiff and heavy. It would be better suited for furniture. The proportions of the pants is outdated. The skirts are weird just for the sake of it. That scoop neckline on many of the tops and jackets looks old as well. Didn't Rodolfo do those short pants for his debut at Jil Sander? The layered transparent ensembles look sloppy and stupid. The shoes are ugly as hell. Square toed fishnet heels? High heel thongs? No. Don't get me started on those mules. This reminds me of Lacoste and Hermes. Boring, Safe, and Unoriginal. These are clothes that you can buy anywhere and probably for less money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->