c.neeon S/S 06 London

Insanely unflattering...Look at him. Very unwearable, unless you're an Olsen...

00150m.jpg

some pieces are lovely ! :heart:
& i agree it's great to see b/c it's pretty fresh & innovative imo . .

My brain is telling me to hate this....but I'm strangely attracted to it! It's refreshing to see these colours and the challenging shapes. It's not easy to wear but the aesthetic is really admirable!

^ Neither did I. :P I remember that thread quite distinctly, now that I see it again... somehow I failed to make the connection earlier. I was intrigued from the get-go... I'd planned to comment but remember thinking it had all been said. :lol: Thanks for helping bring this full-circle.:P

perlefine said:
Then again, De Stijl's major influence was Bauhaus :P

It's actually the other way around, De Stijl was a major influence on the Bauahaus. Theo Van Doesberg desperately wanted a teaching position there and even moved to Weimar. Although he was never an instructor many of the Bauhaus students took lessons from him on their own.

While Saunders may not purely embody the Bauhaus spirit (which is hard to anyways considering the school itself went through many changes) I must say the prints are dead on with what the weaving and textile workshops were producing. It is very much in that style, for example the work of Gunta Stohlz one of the most prominent students and instructors in the textile workshop. The colors also remind me of Wassily Kandinksy who also taught there.

i LOVED this show. the graphics, the colors and the pieces were just so my style. i'm into more geometric shapes and patterns and i love the quirkiness of this collection. it deserved to win!

i only seem to like the black trousers, and the third look of post #2. i find this too sport-ish for my taste but it doesnt look bad. :wink:

this is the sh*t for me right now:

modern, easy to wear, sportswear inspired, practical clothing, with a heavy dose of quirk with those wonderful prints

i love how it is totally unpretentious, as mirrra said

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->