Cable Knits

allyalam

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are there a lot of people nowadays wearing cable knits? That definitley has become a trend, especially from where I'm from. (New England)

I lvoe cabale knits :heart:

they doutn ahve to be prepy, they can look quite mod/retro if styeld right.

i am a cable knit fan. it's classic AND you can make it look any way you want and make it work with any style you want

what do you mean by 'cable knits' ?
could you please post a picture ?

over here in america, they have been around in the preppy tradition for a while but i think they returned to high style partly when tom ford put them on his men's rive gauche show for fall 2002 (those thick redoubled cashmere knitted numbers...they weighted like three pounds)

Cableknits are also very comfy and do go with everthing. The cashmere Ralph Lauren Cable Knits are by far the best ones--soft as heaven.

It will look preppy if you wear it with other basic items that will make it look preppy. Like in the Ralph Lauren Blue Label ads.

Though if styled right it can look different. :flower: Like at the Helmut Lang Fall 2002 show. :heart:
00113.L.JPG

I heart cable knits. Most of the Ralph Lauren black label cashmere cables are too pricey for me (I've even seen them at secondhand stores for $200! WTH? :angry: )

thanks for posting the pictures igni and allyalam :flower:

they are not too hot over here..
we wear them only for the weekend breaks in the snow B)

I got a pink one for Christmas, and it's really cute. If you pair it with something funky (a.k.a. like I will pair it with a brown polka dot skirt) it can look less preppy.

I am a fan of the traditional cable, like the ralph lauren ones, especially in bright green or pale pink. though I tend to play up the traditional tweedy prep look when I wear them - i.e. I wear them to lectures under a vintage tweed blazer with a classic white shirt, and super comfy jeans. :wink: :grrr:

I love cable knits! Yes, the Ralph Lauren ones are classics. To me, they're almost a staple. It's pretty easy to go wrong with a cable knit, though...it has to be just the right size, and right color.

I like thin cables not those heavy overly nubby versions. If a bit twisted up,even in preppy territory they can still look pretty cool.

Ignitioned...is that really Helmut Lang?
I tried on the exact sweater from Les Copains (i think).
Gorgeous sweater, but I absolutly drowned in it.
Love the thick, chunky cable knit style...but perhaps it would look better if I was a bit taller (i'm only 5'5").

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->