• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chunky Knits F/W 06.07

ewww, I don't like those Marc jacobs knits hats...they look like mushroom clouds to me. :lol:

Gemma Ward backstage at YSL FW06

gemmaow7.jpg

[elle]

i love the MJ mushroom hats, they're so oversized and ridiculous - however being a knitter, i think it would take an afternoon to make one. the price is a little much.

for those who liked the dries van noten knit, there is something *kinda* similar posted at mag knits.

it's a short sleeve but that can be easily fixed, as could the eyelet increases.

I found these pics from Allure Oct '06 titled "the knit parade":

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200601hp1ar2.jpg

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200602va9uu3.jpg

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200603nk7pb3.jpg

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200604nl2vt0.jpg

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200605pr4wc5.jpg

jeisachiminazzoallureoctober200606bu9lz0.jpg

Source: livejournal.com

I love this trend. All of those styles above are very comfortable, yet chic.

thankyou! I'm glad you enjoyed 'em. The last pic is definitely my favorite, just because it looks so cozy & cozy knits are by far the reason I love the winertime.

Question - What is the brand of the jacket Gemma Ward is wearing in Post #62? I saw her on the street 2 weeks ago in that coat and wondered about that. :smile:

I'm a pretty skilled knitter, so this thread really appeals to me...
I think after finishing all the countless projects I'm working on at the moment, I'll make a cable knit sweater because it will be winter by then :P

i actually like a lot of these knit dresses... they look absurdly comfortable in the best possible way :heart:

This thread is inspiring. :heart: Enough said. :wub: But I shall go on... :P

Knits are a staple to me that will never tire with age. As many sweaters as I have seen come and go each year around, they always manage to look fresh and chic... depending on what it's paired with of course, but great nonetheless. :heart: :heart:

knit can be sooooo overwhelming!!! bag + scarvs + sweater + hat.... way too much!!!!

I've been inspired by the following photos from garancedore.fr and I think that this thread is the place for them! (Although the title might need updating.) Are there any really great knits out there this season?
margauxl.jpg

margauxl2.jpg

margauxl3.jpg

i love the convenience of knits but i always feel unkept when wearing knits. i have no idea why but I just do... :(

Also from garancedore.fr:
marion1.jpg

marion2.jpg

I love the white.

Why "unkept", punkie? Just when they're oversized, or always?

I'm definitely looking into this now that weather is getting colder. But I'm looking into more rock and punk versions of this. perhaps mixing them with leather and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VanillaCrush
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->