• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chunky Knits F/W 06.07

i was just wondering if anyone here ever thought they went away. chunky knits are a winter staple for me. especially those wonderful cable knits.

This look is a great example of what I'm talking about for chunky winter knits.
adv_3138.JPG

bwgreyscale.com

I always love the idea of chunky knits, but they simply don't work for me :cry:

You have to be super slight to pull them off without adding too much bulk.

Although that Dries looks very promising and beautiful :heart:

Here it is! One of my favorite pictures of all time. I just can't seem to forget it for some odd reason. It's just so classy and clean and it was what I was really talking about before. This is why I can't see chunky knits being a trend so much as a classic. As long as there is Ireland and Maine it is (IMO).

5.jpg

thefashionspot.com

yeah, that balenciaga aran sweater is really pretty in person, but a little shrunken to be a proper chunky knit. it's not roomy seeming in a comfortable way.

I love chunky stuff, I just wish they were a tad softer and more flexible. I have a cardigan that doesnt move!

Oh they look so comfortable and warm and I want to be snuggling up in one. I can't wait until Fall so I can wear them!

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this is a beautiful thread...
thank you to everyone who posted pictures here...
:flower:...

I LOVE the dries van noten knit, that you posted MP, must be one of the best one's i've ever seen.:heart:

I'm always searching for new knits every fall, but I can never find anything that's just right.

Please when posting a runway picture, add the designer's name/label designation and season it would be very helpful for others. Thanks you. :flower:

I love this look, but I don't understand why it's trendy. Chunky knits have always been essential in keeping myself warm and cozy in the winter. They do seem like more of a staple...

^ they are trendier than usual since most 'big' international catwalks 'brought' chunky knits out for fall winter

joining in the chunky knits fanclub here..
i already have one in dark red and a very soft/light one in pale cream
looking for grey, khaki & blue for this season, i pray they have some nice colours out there, cause i simply need more :heart:

I live in North Dakota. So chunky knits are what I wear all the time. They are so comfy, but cute at the same time.

This is why I love fall, comfy sweaters. I always want to curl up next to someone when I see one.

MulletProof said:
bump! :angel:

Lily Cole at New York Fashion Week FW0607

(mypointofview.livejournal.com)

she is adorable!! I love it, I bought a big chunky sweater from banana republic, I'll post it later:flower:

Paul & Joe Sister
Cerisier knit cardigan

indexdz6.jpg

[net-a-porter.com]

Stella McCartney
Funnel neck sweater coat

indexor3.jpg

[net-a-porter.com]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members