Caffeine - Friend or Foe?

^Mine too :innocent: well, except for Iced Coffees

I'm addicted to energy drinks though - Sugarfree Red Bull and Sugarfree V.

I have at least 1 a day, sometimes 2.

friend; coffee is exotic and rich, i get in like a real sexy mood after it lol...

Addiction. Not in terms of that I drink copious amounts of it, I only have 2 mugs in the morning. However I get a nasty headache if I don't drink coffee first thing in the morning. :ninja:
I love everything about it - the aroma, the taste .... and I'm a purist when it comes to coffee - no sugar, no cream.

I have become addicted - I wait for the time that my evening coffee is served to me. I get cravings for it :P

I'm addicted to energy drinks though - Sugarfree Red Bull and Sugarfree V.

Have you tried Sugar Free Rockstar? I find that it tastes like Smarties candy. Also, Enviga is good... (and sugar-free).

At my last job (as a financial analyst) I was a caffeine junkie... probably an indication that I didn't like the job so much.. either that, or I was overworked. Probably both. :ninja:

Frieeend! :woot:

I have caffeine to thank for most of my grades

If only I had discovered coffee in college! I only did once I hit the workforce. :(

Ohhh, so many exams I could have been awake for... :wink:

The Caffeine Thread

Being an on/off insomniac and self admitted caffeine junkie, this is really near and dear to my heart. I used to drink 4-5 Mt Dews per day, which are loaded with caffeine plus other sodas like cola and maybe some tea here and there. I also like coffee and some energy drinks. It had noticeable effects on my ability to sleep, and I think sometimes made me grouchy for no reason.

I've been able to tone it down some over the past couple of years and I can definitely feel some positive results, but I still love my drinks.

What is your relationship with caffeine?

I drink a liter of green tea everyday. Last year was a stressful year, I was sleep-deprived while juggling a zillion AP courses, extra curriculars and MUN conferences all over the world... I think I had at least a million cups of coffee a day :lol:

It doesn't take a lot of coffee if it's strong enough for me to feel anxious for hours because of it. Therefore I haven't had any for a while. It's bad enough feeling anxious for an actual reason which at least I know I can diminish if I do some exercise. I mostly stick to tea. I don't want to know what I'd be like if I had as much coffee as some people do.

I am a huge caffeine junkie as well! It's not uncommon for me to drink 6+ cups of coffee each day. Especially during winter when it gets dark and frigid so early, I tend to self-medicate with coffee.

Last year when I was doing my college finals I lived off triple espressos, black coffee and sugar-free Red Bull.

Apart from that, I have maybe one cup of coffee a month, a cup of tea about once or twice a week (one of which is usually green tea), maybe one hot chocolate a week and coke or any other pop about four or five times a year.

Really, I tend to stick to water. Sometimes I have a bit of fruit juice (watered down), milk or smoothies, and the occasional naughty milkshake. I rarely drink alcohol but I'm a plain old tap water girl at heart! I don't see the point in sugary or caffeine-loaded drinks - mainly because i love food so i'd rather save my calories for food rather than waste them on drinks when I can drink calorie-free water!

I really love my coffee & drink several cups per day. When I get up, I can't function until I've had my big mug of coffee. I don't tend to drink caffeinated soft drinks during the day, but sometimes drink vodka & cola when I am out on a night.

Love caffeine, can't live without it. It makes me a better person in the mornings. I usually only have 1-2 coffees a day though (sometimes up to 4-5 in times of need) and lattes at that. I like espresso too. No sugar. I got my coffee machine serviced a few months ago and since then have been in coffee heaven. I find that coffee wakes me up in the mornings but it also relaxes me at night.

I also drink tea (usually black but I don't mind green/herbal). Cola is an addiction I am once again attempting to curb. I haven't touched V/Red Bull since my uni days :lol:

I'm addicted to coffee, but I'm trying to cut down on it, so I'm drinking like 100 cups of ersatz a day now

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->