Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 08

For me personally, it's not the minimalism aspect, it's prefall, I don't expect anything amazing from anybody.

But the styling is very middle american mom,which is totally the opposite of what Calvin Klein is.

I know this is slightly digressive, but is anyone else a little overwhelmed with all these colletions? Fall, pre-fall, Spring, fall coture, spring coture, resort... Enough with the damn collections!

I fell asleep watching these

:lol::lol: Tell me about it.

This collection is THE definition for boring. The colours, the fabrics, the style, its all too predictable.

But it looks comfortable...............:lol:

Not as appealing as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually like it...especially the tailoring. i do, however, think that the first dress in that hideous neon colour, is just fowl. absolutely fowl!!!

I love the leggings with just a hint of camel toe, the void of the solid color along the floor length skir. It's all a bit frigid and and quirky. It speaks to a side of Calvin that you had in those pseudo p*rn basement ads that were banned, the sadistic and sarcastic side of Calvin. I'm not sure if this is something I trust Francisco Costa to do well but then that's probably why they brought in a new stylist.

Not enthralled but willing to hold my breath for the show in February.

When I saw this I immediately thought of this:

00360f.jpg

style.com s/s 05

I love the blue and the red at the last 2 pics....
Great dress......but boring

I like outfits in 3, 5, 8. But else really not, kinda boring.

Final looks:

19m.jpg
20m.jpg

style.com

Review from Style.com:

NEW YORK, January 8, 2008 – Francisco Costa was still sporting a tan from his holiday in Tulum, Mexico, but it was the snow-covered slopes he seemed to have on his mind at his pre-fall presentation. Knit ski pants and ribbed turtlenecks in ivory, tan, charcoal, or black were the building blocks upon which he layered boxy cable knits, rich shearling sweaters, and belted cocoon coats. For day, the standout was a camel suit—actually, a sleek leather blazer worn with full, pleat-front trousers. Come evening, the streamlined sensibility of Costa's après-ski theme peaked in a pair of dramatic two-piece gowns in which taupe leotard-tight tops were paired with high-waisted, long narrow skirts in shocking pink or teal. Should we expect similar fare at his Fall show next month? Yes, he said, but sexier, with more structure and hourglass shapes.

– Nicole Phelps

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->