Camilla Al Fayed

Well, I think the article I posted pretty much sums it up. She wants to keep a low profile and concentrate on her business rather than partying and posing for paparazzis.

Parts from an article from today's Independent:

Glamour and charity: What's an It Girl to do?

They have it all: wealth, looks, youth and hordes of A-list friends. All they need is something to do. In the past, the children of the super-wealthy would squander their inheritances on an idle life of jet-set partying. Now, increasingly, today's crop of heirs, and particularly heiresses, are devoting their lives to charity.

Camilla Fayed, 23, has just taken over her family's charity work and this week hosts her first charity event, to raise money for children with rare genetic disorders.

Camilla Fayed, the daughter of Mohamed al-Fayed, decided to devote her life to charity work after a friend's six-day-old baby died at the Evelina Children's Hospital, part of the Guy's and St Thomas's NHS Trust in London.
"I don't want to be in a glossy magazine for doing nothing any more," she says. "If I appear in a magazine, then I want it to be for something I have done. Charity work is not a job for me. It's something I have been born into."

Ms Fayed's fundraising event at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Knightsbridge is a result of her friend's tragedy. Natasha Clarke, a former Vogue model, watched her six-day-old daughter, Eva, die from a rare disorder called methylmalonic acidaemia, which meant her body was unable to break down protein, including her mother's milk.

"When Natasha told me her story over lunch, I was in tears," Ms Fayed adds. "I already do charity work for the Evelina Children's Hospital, but this was a lot more personal. Slowly, year by year, I am taking on more responsibility in my father's charity work. I want to be hands-on and be personal, not just sending a cheque once a year."

^

82882054.jpg

82920768.jpg

Camilla Fayed leaving the 'Mandarin Oriental' hotel in London.

(Zimbio)

Attachments

• Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+MApLIHiI87Ml.jpg
    Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+MApLIHiI87Ml.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+UbrjR4gsEtHl.jpg
    Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+UbrjR4gsEtHl.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+MVkXqpW_srcl.jpg
    Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+MVkXqpW_srcl.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+W_X_XdQWSk_l.jpg
    Camilla+Al+Fayed+in+London+W_X_XdQWSk_l.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 38
Camilla at YSL SS09 show, at Patrick Demarchelier party (September 29, 2008 in Paris) and at Serpentine Gallery Summer Party with Dasha in London.

(Zimbio)

Attachments

• 83093874_10.jpg
    83093874_10.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Yves+Saint+Laurent+Paris+Fashion+Week+Spring+ILVHNHfGKe-l.jpg
    Yves+Saint+Laurent+Paris+Fashion+Week+Spring+ILVHNHfGKe-l.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Les+Photographes+Pour+Patrick+Dermarchelier+26oI13xPa7Gl.jpg
    Les+Photographes+Pour+Patrick+Dermarchelier+26oI13xPa7Gl.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Serpentine+Gallery+Summer+Party+RIj87YX9ZhMl.jpg
    Serpentine+Gallery+Summer+Party+RIj87YX9ZhMl.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 61
She looks so beautiful in post #292. Such a gorgeous girl. I love her outfit.

i love her half sleeve leather jacket!! coming from her, i bet it costed tons!!

Thank you so much for these new pictures!! I wish we could see more of her style...

Camilla Al Fayed leaving Zuma Restaurant with a friend.
London, England, 16.10.08

vrzls0.jpg

2z89dm1.jpg

wenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"