(Cannes Gossip) Naomi: "The Stylist Stole My Clothes"

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
(from PageSix.com)

NAOMI: NO CLOTHES, NO LUNCH
IT doesn't beat "The dog ate my homework," but Naomi Campbell's excuse for missing lunch yesterday was almost as good: "The stylist stole my clothes."
Campbell's public relations company, N.C. Connect, threw the lunch at the VIP Club in Cannes, where the annual film festival is in full swing, as a benefit for the Nelson Mandela Children's Foundation. Campbell is Mandela's honorary granddaughter.

More than 50 well-heeled guests arrived, ready to eat and ready to bid on jewelry, vacations and luxury merchandise that had been donated for the live auction. But they didn't get to do either.

After waiting two hours with nothing but bread, water and champagne, such grumpy guests as male supermodel Tyson Beckford, publisher Massimo Gargia, Denise Rich, Marta Marzotto (whose family owns the Valentino fashion house), Fawaz Gruosi (owner of de Grisogono jewelers) and his wife, Caroline Scheufele (whose family owns Chopard), left lunchless.

"The tables were set for lunch, but the management was waiting for Naomi before they'd serve it," said one source.

In one of the most inventive explanations ever devised, the dusky diva's publicist, Rob Shuter, informed PAGE SIX via BlackBerry:

"Naomi's stylist disappeared with all her clothes. Naomi has only her underwear. She sat on a boat waiting for two hours for new clothes to arrive. In the end, she borrowed a dress from a girlfriend."

Campbell was said to be staying on the yacht of her old boyfriend, Formula One racing mogul Flavio Briatore, the play- boy who fathered Heidi Klum's first child.

Elsewhere in Cannes, Lars Von Trier, the Danish filmmaker famous for making Nicole Kidman submit to a brutal r*pe scene in "Dogville," attacked President Bush on the eve of his new anti-American movie's debut.

Von Trier, who has never set foot in the U.S., just premiered his new flick, "Maderlay." The third in his U.S.A. trilogy, it's been billed as a "scathing attack of past and present racism" in America.

At a Cannes confab earlier this week, Von Trier ranted, "Mr. Bush is an a—hole and doing very idiotic things . . . America is a big subject because such a big part of our lives have to do with America . . . So I am in fact an American, but I can't go there to vote, I can't change anything. That's why I make films about America."

The other version of the story - from Holy Moly

''Century's Cannes venue is doing a lunch party for Naomi Campbell's birthday.

Naomi arrives 4 hours late - no surprise there, but the reason? Her PA/clothes person had arrived on the yacht she's staying on with 5 dresses for her to choose from. She hates them all and starts throwing a typical Naomi raging strop (very fierce and scary).

PA decides enough is enough so packs up the 5 dresses... PLUS all Naomi's other clothes... and LEAVES THE YACHT.

Naomi now has nothing except the underwear she's standing up in. Cue frantic calls to Roberto Cavalli and a 4 hour delay to lunch.

BRAVO!''

I wonder when she will learn it's time to stop being mean to her pa? I wonder how many pa's she actually got through?

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt she hitt one of her stylists over the head with a phone once??? or was it her assistant!?

ShOe GaL 19 said:
didnt she hitt one of her stylists over the head with a phone once??? or was it her assistant!?

she hits anything given half a chance

thats SO BAD PR that she was 4 hours late......1 hour yes but 4? pleeeeeeease
i saw the guestlist for this party and it was about 20 pages long :lol: and most of the people were really important so.........eak naomi, once again u managed to screw everything up

So she should have showed up in her skivvies. She's so famous for acting like a damn fool that nobody would probably notice anything was amiss.

Unless she wears granny pants and one of those enormous backbrace bras.

If the story is true, you have to applaud her p.a. for leaving her like that!

It really annoys me how some rich and famous people treat their staff so bad. Its just trashy if you ask me.

it says she borrowed clothes from a friend why did it take her 4 hours to think up that very simple plan ??

I'm so sick of her :sick:

If I were someone important in the biz and in charge of putting things like this together I'd have nothing to do with her.. she's just too much.

ignitioned32 said:
After waiting two hours with nothing but bread, water and champagne

Oh these poor Celebrities... :rolleyes:

But seriously - I think nobody should wait for Naomi, Britney etc - if they`re late TOO BAD FOR THEM! It`s so rude to make all the other guest wait!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->