Debbie Harry: 'Madonna Stole My Style'

wrong! Madonna broke the record for highest-grossing tour per concert for her "Confessions" tour, which was seen by 1.2 million fans and grossed more than $200 million. The U.S. recording artist, who lives in England, also earned the record for most No.1 albums by a female artist, thanks to her blockbuster ninth disc, "Confessions on a Dance floor"

http://www.themoneytimes.com/news/20070929/guinness_recognizes_madonna_girls_aloud-id-1010364.html

:wink:

and Debbie? :lol:
OK, well I dont care like I used to then :P uve made your point :smile:

:ninja: I think Blondie is having a blond moment, to say such a stupid thing. It sounds like a cry for attention. Madonna the mercurial never stuck to one image for long. She was and is constantly changing. Frankly, I think Blondie copied Vivienne Westwood during the Adam Ant/Sex Pistols era... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Before you all get your knickers in a twist..I don't think "accusing" is the right word. You know, if you ever watch Debbie in an interview she's really really chill. I doubt she was being all that serious, most likely making an observation, not an accusation.

Yeah, she was probably just laughing - noting that they're both blondes with far more attitude and star quality than great voice capacities. A pretty obvious concept. Their styles were completely different - the only thing they had in common was that they were photographed by the same photographers and given the same look by the same stylists.

Don't get me wrong - both are fantastic...my personal preference is of course Debbie - but I can see Madonna's virtues as well :D

oh good lord, as much as i love Debbie Harry and am not a big fan of Madonna, i think this is really immature for her to say

Regarding voice capabilities though I think I have to give this one to Debbie.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zFxEiysJhnY is Debbie singing in an old Amos Poe movie, and her voice is absolutely incredible. Sorry Madge.

Style wise, I don't think what's she's wearing is comparable to anything Madonna has ever worn.

The arguments in this thread though about the Debbie and Madonna have given me endless entertainment though; big vagines, little ones thanks for bringing the lolz. :D I dunno, I get some people are really big Madonna fans but Debbie had waay more than one look, she still gets points for style (I just saw a bit about her in Teen Vogue I think re: rock style among others), and 'rock' is a pretty wide ranging genre. You know what I'll just fish around for old Debbie pics and post em and then we can have a go about style instead. Oh and I agree w/everyone on how chill Debbie is. She is soo spaced out its amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->