Debbie Harry: 'Madonna Stole My Style'

Joseph26

Reaction score
Debbie Harry: 'Madonna Stole My Style'

Blondie singer Debbie Harry has accused Madonna of stealing her look when she rose to fame in the 1980s.

Harry was an up-and-coming musician when Madonna became a pop sensation with her self-titled debut album in 1982, and is convinced the Like A Virgin singer got the idea for her platinum blonde hairdo from the now-62-year-old star.

She says, "I came right up against the Madonna thing. Maybe it's my paranoia but she had a lot of my looks. If you look closely, sometimes there's pictures of her and me that completely overlap.

"She (Madonna) was getting such a huge push from Warner (Bros.), I was definitely on the B-list. It was a hard period for me. I don't think anybody knew how to market me or what to do with me. I was like a fish out of water."
Madonna stole my look? :shock: which look? She's had about 100 looks since 1984

could anyone get me a pic where I can see Debbie Harry styled like this?

madonna2.jpg

source: www.people.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought everyone knew that. Debbie, don't worry, we know Madonna ripped you off! You are the original.

I guess there are similarities, but I can't really think of anything that screams ripoff. I always picture Debbie Harry in either a clingy neon Jersey Dress and feathered hair or Stephen Sprouse punky glam stuff, not really the ragamuffin sl*t look Madonna had early on.

Deb, I love ya lots, but save the post-event bitching for someone who never did anything worthwhile with their career.

I thought everyone knew that. Debbie, don't worry, we know Madonna ripped you off! You are the original.

could you please point me what style Madonna ripped-off of Debbie? I have already looked for Debbie pics from the era but I can't find any resemblance. :huh:

I guess there are similarities, but I can't really think of anything that screams ripoff. I always picture Debbie Harry in either a clingy neon Jersey Dress and feathered hair or Stephen Sprouse punky glam stuff, not really the ragamuffin sl*t look Madonna had early on.

Deb, I love ya lots, but save the post-event bitching for someone who never did anything worthwhile with their career.

hurrah! :clap:for the first time I agree with you :lol: it has to be the beginning of a long time friendship :shifty::ninja:

Seriously, who gives a flyin' flip if someone stole your style?

Take it as a compliment and KEEP IT MOVING!

Madonna should kiss the floor Debbie Harry walks over. And that's all I have to say.

since when a-list legends have to kiss the floor where d-list frustrated mummies walk over? :shock:

:huh: Uh, since the day that the actual legend is the one who made history in rock music and the other one is a ripoff of Cindy Lauper. :rolleyes:

:huh: Uh, since the day that the actual legend is the one who made history in rock music and the other one is a ripoff of Cindy Lauper. :rolleyes:

rock? :lol::lol::lol: "heart of class" is rock? hellloooooooooooooooooooo!

she's a four hits wonder with Blondie and a memorable flop as a solo artist.

besides a tacky rip-off of Marilyn Monroe :yuk:

I don't see similarities as strong as the word 'rip-off'. I care for neither of these celebritie, but I think that Debbie is just trying to get attention. :flower:

I don't get where the similarities are? Anyway, Debbie Harry's look will always be cooler and sexier than Madonna's cheesy legacy.

rock? :lol::lol::lol: "heart of class" is rock? hellloooooooooooooooooooo!

she's a four hits wonder with Blondie and a memorable flop as a solo artist.

besides a tacky rip-off of Marilyn Monroe :yuk:

Uhm, first of all, it's Heart of Glass. :huh: And second, Blondie is one of the most important bands from the new wave, which in turn is one of the most successful and seminal movements in rock history. :wink: Many female vocalists of popular rock bands point Debbie Harry as one of their major influences (along with Siouxsie Sioux, Chrissie Hynde, Kate Pierson, Cindy Wilson and a only a few others). What's Madonna's contribution to music aside from selling millions of records? Take away all the mixing and engineering and the woman cannot sing for her life.

yes its true i guess but isnt it a little late (on both sides) to start a fight i mean its all over ladies just dont be bitter about it jeez.

Didn't they all hang out and get styled by the likes of Maripol anyway? We all know Debbie was already established in New York before Madonna did anyway. I too don't see the similarities really other than they were both platinum blonde and cheekily sexy. Looking thro Maripolarama can't say they really look alike...

Uhm, first of all, it's Heart of Glass. :huh: And second, Blondie is one of the most important bands from the new wave, which in turn is one of the most successful and seminal movements in rock history. :wink: Many female vocalists of popular rock bands point Debbie Harry as one of their major influences (along with Siouxsie Sioux, Chrissie Hynde, Kate Pierson, Cindy Wilson and a only a few others).

What's Madonna's contribution to music aside from selling millions of records? Take away all the mixing and engineering and the woman cannot sing for her life.

again, is "heart of glass" rock? :lol: it's pure cheap disco, oh yes, the "punks" jumped on the band wagon, c'mon Britney Spears is more punk attitude than Debbie.

I don't care about if Debbie influenced those nobodies, Madonna has influenced every mayor pop artist of the last 20 years, that's what is important to trascend time and space, Watch and learn Debbie and Nemova :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->