Carmen Maria Hillestad

Atelier

Hoppity Hop
Reaction score
From today's WWD discussing the upcoming Fall campaigns.

The Puma-backed Nuala brand, a collaboration with model Christy Turlington, has been refreshed for fall with new ads designed by Base, a New York agency. There are four images in the campaign, all of which show model Carmen Maria alone in a subdued light and relaxed poses.

“We deliberately went with a more sophisticated look for fall,” said Rebecca Dobrick, international brand manager for Nuala. “The model we used has an otherworldly presence and expresses the physical essence of what Nuala is about.” She said while past campaigns featured a few models in social settings, this season the brand decided to focus on one model and the more “introspective” qualities of Nuala. Now in its eighth season, Nuala is inspired by yoga, but is marketed as contemporary sportswear with a comfort feel, she noted.

Anyone know if this is Carmen Maria Hillestad? I can't be sure from just the little picture.

Attachments

• cmh.jpg
    cmh.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 74
Not to be too off-topic, but what's with the whole 'fashionable yoga-wear' craze going on? :huh:
I've tried yoga and it ain't relaxing at all :doh: I usually feel agitated and tired after killing myself by doing those 'down dog' and 'swan' positions.

But everyone seems to be so into it I feel like a fat oaf for not enjoying it :blush:

She was great in Moschino adv.

She was born in Oslo, but her mother is Mexican....

I usually don't like ghostly high-fashion models, but I make an exception for Carmen. She's so exotic and sexy and cool and upper-class and... :doh: Just knocks me out-- she's that gorgeous.

a.jpg
b.jpg

c.jpg
d.jpg

e.jpg
f.jpg

g.jpg
picture006.jpg

picture008.jpg
picture013.jpg

From Hint Magazine:

Carmen (Women)
Half Mexican/half Norwegian, Carmen Maria Hillestad is all star! She's already shone in some of fashion's most influential magazines, including W, i-D, Harper's Bazaar and Numero. Now the face of Narciso Rodriguez, Carmen Maria's future's so bright she has to wear shades.

carmenmariahillestad1.jpg

carmenmariahillestad2.jpg

carmenmariahillestad3.jpg

I :heart: this last picture! B) Only the coolest models can pull off that hideous shade of lipstick they slapped on her there.

I just spotted a Nuala Fall 2004 ad featuring her in the September W. Guess she's the new modl for that line after all. B)

A couple of random pictures:

2 :blush: Gorgeous face shot.
7 :heart: :heart: :heart:

i hadn't seen here before... i think she is lovely, exquisite features :crush:

Originally posted by funnyfan@Aug 15 2004, 08:11 AM
I just spotted a Nuala Fall 2004 ad featuring her in the September W. Guess she's the new modl for that line after all.  B)

Here's her Nuala ad, btw. Just scanned it today! B)

nuala.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->