Screenshot2012-10-22at85453AM.png

Model Archives of Marlowe Press

Elite New York 1988

Screenshot2012-10-22at85510AM.png

Elite Personalities New York 1990

Screenshot2012-10-22at85528AM.png

Carol Alt and Zac Posen at the In Vogue: The Editor’s Eye screening in New York.

fashionologie.com

Carol Alt Career Timeline

Year Career Milestone

1979. Carol lands her first job for Italian Harper’s Bazaar.
First airplane Flight!
The flight is to Italy for the Italian Fashion Collections for Italian Bazaar
First ever cover – Italian Bazaar!
First appearance in US Vogue.
First contract as the Worldwide face of Lancôme.

1980. First Harper’s Bazaar cover.
First Cosmopolitan cover sells out.
First of 11 Mademoiselle covers
Life Magazine dubs Carol “The Next Million Dollar Face!”
New face of Louis Feraud Fashions.
Face of Albert Nippon Fashions.
Face of Valentino Ads 1981. Fashion of the Times cover spurs industry to say Carol is the Media Darling!
Carol becomes the first high fashion model to do fashion shows and she wins the CFDA’s “Model of the Year” award.

1982. Carol appears twice this year in Sports Illustrated! For the first time in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and in SI’s Winter Issue! 1983. Carol does TV hosting for Fashion Avenue, the predecessor to MTV’S “House of Fashion”.
Carol gets her First (!) Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover
Cult Film “Portfolio”, shot by Universal Films.
CoverGirl picks Carol as its new face.

1984. 1984 GMA Fashion consultant.
Carol is again in SI in her third of 9 appearances in the Swimsuit Issue
First of 4 best selling posters comes out. 1985. Bob Fosse picks Carol as Ursula in “Sweet Charity”, to run in L.A. and San Francisco.
Carol is on the Tonight Show with Legendary Jonny Carson
Carol shoots her first ever MOVIE, “Via Montenapoleone”

1986. Carol shoots her Second European movie, “My First Forty Years”.
First European movie Via Montenapoleone” debuts- and it is a HIT!
Carol wins her first Telegatto for this movie.
Shoots Virginia Slims campaign. 1987. Carols second movie ‘My First 40 Years” debuts and is a HUGE hit! It also stars Eliot Gould
Cosmopolitan picks Carol to do the first celebrity exercise videos.
Moda Magazine’ picks Carol as the Actress of the Year and presents her with “New Actress” Oscar 1988. Amaretto di Sarrono names their Liquor after Carol and she shoots a series of Ads called: Amaretto di Alt and Amaretto di Carol
First of 5 Carol Alt calendars sell out in September of ’86 for “87.
Wins second of three European Emmy’s in May.
Carol shoots her first American miniseries: “Vendetta” starring Eric Roberts, Eli Wallach and Burt Young.
Carol shoots the film Vice for Life-the Rosanna Benzi Story

1989. GMC Advertising Campaign – “I don’t like boxer shorts”.
Carol wins the Umbra Award for her movie “The Outsiders”, where she played a kidnap victim. Also starring Michael Nouri, Rod Steiger and Philippe Noiret.
Carol Shoots Venetta II with Eli Wallach, Burt Young and Michael Ontkean

1990. “Best” award given by Mont Blanc.
Monte Carlo film festival wants to award Carol’s movie, “A Vice for Life” with the Monte Carlo Film Festivle Award, but Carol cannot make it – thereby forfeiting the award.
SI’s 25th Anniversary issue- Carol’s second cover is one of several covers appearing on the Issue 1991. Hanes contract – “Wait Until We Get Our Hands on You”
Carol’s movie “Vacation 90? produced by Di Laurentis wins the “Golden Box Office Ticket Award” for box office sales.

1992. Carol has her own line of Persol sunglasses named “Carol”.
Carol Shoots 3 more films this year. 1993. Carol releases her first single –it becomes #1 in Germany. Her second single become the sound track for the movie “The Ref”
The movie “Bye-Bye Baby” is Blockbuster’s pick of the week.

1994. First American series, “Thunder in Paradise”, goes #1 worldwide. 1995. Carol Plays Anna Karenina in Anna The Great Fire
Playboy dubs Carol “Most beautiful woman in the world”.

1996. “Supermodels in the Rainforest” – tries to help save the Amazon.
Carol Goes RAW 1997. “Private Parts” – Howard Stern’s movie.
Carol spends a year in Africa writing, producing and directing the children in the limited series called “Under the African sun” –

1998. Carol shoots 2 more movies for American TV. 1999. Carol’s series “Amazon” written by Peter Benchley (“Jaws”) becomes the #1 NEW DRAMATIC SERIES
First “E! Celebrity Profile” special on Carol Alt
Carol’s face launches the new line of Zepter cosmetics-La Dansa. 2000. Carol signs a deal to be first celebrity spokesperson, marketing and development expert for QVC”s “Le Mirador”.

2002. Two new films “Hitters” and “The Look” take the Film Festivals by storm. 2003. First film for the Sci-Fi channel , SnakeHead Terror, becomes a success.

2004. Two more films are released: “Signs of the Cross” and “Mattie Fresno and the Holoflux Universe”.

2005. Carol’s first book, “Eating in the Raw”, is published by Random House/Clarkson Potter and becomes a USA Today’s and Amazon Book’s bestseller.
Carol Shoots another Film for Si-Fi Channel Called “Swarm”
Carol also shoots a movie for LifeTime

2006. Carol becomes the co-host of Jack LaLanne’s new power juicer infomercial.
She does 2 movies in Italy; Katerina e soui due Fili and Piper, while writing her second book on Raw Food nutrition

2007. Carol’s new book, “The Raw 50″, is published.

2008. The first of a new series of books entitled “This Year’s Model” published by Harper Collins. Launch on HSN for Raw Essentials – Carol’s chemistry free result driven skin care line. Launch on Beauty.com and drugstore.com for Raw Essentials 2009. Carol is out in the 8th week of Dancing with the Stars Italy.
She shoots the sequel to her hit movie “Piper” with “Piper 2” 2010. Duane Reade Launch of Raw Essentials in all 208 stores in NYC
ShopNBC re-launches Raw Essentials. 2011. Woody Allen’s film with Alec Baldwin, Launch of Butterfly Line of Jewelry at Sears, National Launch of Raw Essentials In the shoppers Mart Canada.
Launch of ‘Carol’s Favs’ on OpenSky.com bringing deals on Carol’s recommended products to her fans. 2012. Third book: “Easy Sexy Raw “ is due in Spring; HBO documentary About Face; Easy Sexy Raw published in May; Woody Allen’s film debut in June

(carolalt.com)

Saks-Jandel Fall/Winter 1982-83

US Vogue November 1982
Photo Gideon Lewin Models Kim Alexis & Carol Alt

My scans

carol is a stunning example of the sort of agelessness that a healthy lifestyle can achieve.

Cover Girl Nailslicks

US Vogue March 1991
Model Carol Alt

My scan

Fox News Gives Former Swimsuit Model Carol Alt New Health and Lifestyle Show (Exclusive)

The former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model will host a weekend show.

Carol Alt has landed her own weekend show on the Fox News Channel, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
our editor recommends
Fox News Adds Herman Cain to Contributor Roster
Scott Brown Joins Fox News as Contributor

In somewhat of a departure for the network, the 1980s supermodel won't be discussing politics or current events but instead will offer advice on beauty and healthy living.

Alt became a sensation in 1982 when she was featured on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, and her image has graced about 700 magazine covers.

At the peak of her popularity, Alt also self-produced calendars and posters, which became best-sellers and encouraged other models to do likewise.

She has had some success as an actor, as well, landing dozens of guest roles in the 1990s on TV shows including Wings and appearing in the TV movie Amazon. More recently, she finished third on The Celebrity Apprentice and appeared on Fox News to promote her cookbook, Easy Sexy Raw.

See video of the segment below.

"Living well is an important topic for discussion," said Fox News executive vp programming Bill Shine. "As a renowned supermodel, Carol has embodied a healthy lifestyle for years and will bring both informative and helpful ideas to our viewers."

The show is expected to debut in the summer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-gives-swimsuit-model-425401

Maximilan Fall/Winter 1983-84

US Vogue October 1983
Models Kelly Emberg, Jerry Hall, Rene Russo, Iman, Carol Alt & Kim Alexis

My scans

Dana Ote d'Azur Spring 1982

US Vogue February 1982
Photo Gideon Lewin
Model Carol Alt

My scan

Albert Nipon Spring/Summer 1982

US Vogue February 1982
Model Carol Alt

My scans

Saks-Jandel Spring 1981

US Vogue February 1981
Photo Gideon Levin
Model Carol Alt

My scans

Louis Féraud for Sakowitz Spring 1981

US Vogue February 1981
Photo Garhin
Model Carol Alt
Hair & Makeup Clorinda

My scan

The New Spiegel Spring 1981

US Vogue February 1981
Model Carol Alt

My scan

US Vogue January 1980

Finds--Right-Now Winter Refreshers
Photo Oliviero Toscani
Models Monica Schnarre, Melanie Cain, Esmé Marshall, Lisa Vale, Jane Gill, Carol Alt & Unknowns
Hair Suga & Didier Malige
Makeup Joey Mills

My scans

US Vogue January 1980

Just What You're Looking For-Terrific Warm-Weather Clothes
Photo Claude Mougin
Models Carol Alt, Eva Voorhees, Sheila Johnson & Lori Hamilton
Hair Edward Tricomi
Makeup Sophie Levy

My scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics