Carol Christian Poell #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
they wanted to skip this season at first, but after all decided to keep it up at the request of stores, if I remember rightly.
it turned out to be a substantial collection. there appeared sprouts which were to be developed on the quiet later.
some called it "hairy collection" since part of it was a play on hair.
for example the shoes below.
horse hair coat is not affected by a dye basically.
object-dyeing was the right method for bringing out the property of horse hair.
only the seam and leather parts were dyed blue, which made a good design/colorscheme.
you can see the natural and the artificial worked together here and that they used a horse with white hair.

ccp

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 32
it might look like a wool long jacket in heather light grey.
but it's a bit different. it has a bonded cotton lining.
and they picked out the cotton fluff through the minute openings of the wool texture, like hair through pores

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 62
looking for old CCP piece

leather "tunic", composed of interwoven strips..

my first sight of CCP...found in old Vogue Hommes International magazine, around 2001-2003..used in "urban warrior"-themed edit (you know: leather, fur, metal spikes, black boots, a la Conan The Barbarian)..

thanks!

the only store that I know that bought the item was beams,
international gallery beams in harajuku
it was available in 46 and 48, priced at about 1000000 yen (even the leather sudare blazer posted a few pages back was 400000. so it looked like it was rather elaborated in those days).
I remember seeing it on sale, 50% off. don't know if anyone bought it though.

do designers in general still produce pieces from old seasons?

or they produce a collection a few times in a year/two years and then it is the end

generally the latter, but some more artisanal designers will occasionally do custom pieces from older seasons.

thank you mike, good to know
that is too bad though, for bigger labels

gosh ....
just wish one day i could buy one of these leather piece ....
gosh ..... and even the jeans and this last jacket .... i'm dying !

aside from schiele, sometimes I see ccp overlap with this man in some of the manners.
for example, when the surface of the boots was sealed up with tape,
in spite of the leather of peccary which is known for being breathable with its openings (large pores).

my scan
quadreria.com

Attachments

• Joel_Peter_Witkin[1].jpg
    Joel_Peter_Witkin[1].jpg
    32 KB · Views: 247
  • ccp 1.JPG
    ccp 1.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
some say anything exists somewhere, at least anything that we can imagine.
but we are not lucky enough to be always present by chance at the time and the place/space it occurs.
so some go and see it for themselves, and finally discover it by inventing it themselves.
even though far from perfect, the invention has a sign of it.
when we are making things, we may get to wander into the realm of this kind of activity.

maybe carol is the man who has released the most poisonous street-legal production garments.
but I have seen the fashion's most beautiful harbingers also in his work.

Runner, I've been looking for it and i think you had posted it a LONG time ago... but do you still have that photograph of the SS 06 U-Turn showroom with all the spiral belts on the floor?

surver,
there does not arrive a collection such as we would normally enclose with the term "S/S 09", at least where I live,
the first delivery of the latest collection shown during the latest mens fashion week will be almost simultaneous with that of F/W 09 collections from other designers,
which amounts almost to ccp skipping S/S 09 besides A/W 08,
although the collection is at present being called "carol christian poell 09".
(they give a title to a collection afterwards. S/S 04 was the last one that came with its title, if I remember rightly.)

the above post #1051 is my first impressions of the collection as well as general thoughts which often occur to me when I see his work.

Chinor1z, maybe one of these?

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3222344&postcount=23

Thank you so much Runner!

I actually own the belt rug, but due to some reasons I've put it up for possible sale and couldn't find the showroom photo on my computer.

You're the best!!

I'm VERY interested to see what stores order of the 2009 collection. The glass fiber coat will be interesting to handle although I've been told it is uncomfortable. The leather jackets are admittedly a bit of a disappointment to me this time around, but I really like the direction that he took the gloves this time and the various designs he did with them.

This may be the season to pick up an invisiseam suit :smile:

Again, thank you Runner!

does anyone have a log-in for his mak site? i'd love to research a bit of his earlier work....kind of refresh my memory.

does anyone have a log-in for his mak site? i'd love to research a bit of his earlier work....kind of refresh my memory.

I'd love to know as well...

But upon inquiry I was told it was not for the general public.

oh. do you know if one has to have credentials or anything?

oh. do you know if one has to have credentials or anything?

To tell you the truth, I really don't know. I know that some people have inquired but were turned down.

In general, Carol doesn't like photos of his stuff circulating or posted out of his imagined context. I know that lookbooks are supposed to be relatively closely guarded and it has been known that they've actively sought to stop lookbook sales when they've shown up on ebay.

That being said, there's a lot of the collections posted up in the CCP thread on SZ so that may feed your need for at least a little while :D

you're welcome Chinor1z

yes the coat and parka and jacket can come in fiberglass,
in gunmetal.
it is super photogenic.
it is dangerous rather than uncomfortable.
it splinters around the hem/edge, and fine filaments stick out here and there and shimmer bewitchingly.
every hem may become bloody, if you have tender skin.

invisiseam is not available unless it is specially ordered.
it is what they called "open seam", in terms of jointing the garment parts/patterns with the clear elastic fine nylon thread and making a hairbreadth illusionary gap in the seam.
but this time the point is for describing the outline of each pattern and accentuating the edge of each fabric.
so the gap is widened with a heavy visible thread,
which is called either "chain-seam" or "chain-stitched". the construction too is totally different.
though my english is too awkward to explain this sort of thing well,
I mean the seam line looks a bit like an emergency ladder (yes there is some link between this collection and S/S 07 paranoid).

for Scott
F/W 94, the first season

my scan

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads