Carolina Herrera F/W 2020.21 New York

Too European...
Too much fabrics for so little emotion.

I agree.

Carolina Herrera collections used to feel personal, even if it wasn't particularly my taste. I could picture the women attending the trunk shows, wearing her clothes and deciding what to buy and for the events they were attending.

Carolina Herrera - VALENTINO (The Remix) feat. Maria Grazia, Lil Raf

It's... illustrationable? No idea if that word exists, but some of those looks would be nice fashion illustrations. Just a bunch of nice clothes, something that could've been presented in a lookbook or not presented at all tbh, nothing special to see here.

^ I agree. Its nice.. a pretty collection with well made clothes but that's all. Herrera wasn't the most innovative nor creative designer (at least for me) but she had a certain vision and you could really see the woman she was designing for. I don't get why he keeps doing those Valentino tents. If someone can afford CH they will buy the original thing.

I don't get why he keeps doing those Valentino tents.

But that's a Carolina Herrera code. All Wes is doing is taking the house codes and putting his own twists on it. And the way he's going about it is pretty remarkable, imo. The brand finally looks fresh, creative, relevant again. Especially when you look at the other American heritage houses such as RL, Kors and so forth.

I could certainly do without all the voluminous looks in this collection, but the rest is very pleasing on the eye. The best is that white collared shirt with purple top and tailored pants. Yet again an interesting twist on the classic CH shirt.

The best is that white collared shirt with purple top and tailored pants. Yet again an interesting twist on the classic CH shirt.

I really like that look. It's one of the few ones I remember from NYFW, and mind you the week is not even over yet.

I agree with Lola, too european and try-hard for Carolina, which I feel should be easier to wear. After flicking through endless issues of HOLA I know the CH woman like nobody, and this poorly tailored show is not for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greta0314
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->