51278640.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 51278642.jpg
    51278642.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 51278591.jpg
    51278591.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 13
i normally love carolina... while there is definitley nothing wrong with these clothes, they dont strike me as having anything new, different or interesting, really, about them.

Carolina Herrera's SS04 show was one of the best of New York. Youthful, elegant, atheletic... Her new design team (headed by her daughter) worked wonders in the otherwise stale, bland, safe NY fashion week last year. But then their FW04 show tanked. The clothes were decent, but the styling was wrong and makes you feel you've aged 20 years after watching the show. The SS05 show on the other hand was a return to Herrera's youthful elegance. While it does not break any new ground, it echoes nicely with the main themes of the season--laid-back, colorful sportswear. I like a lot of the two-piece's. The gowns with patterns did not look so good, but the ones in single colors were nice.

And Herrera's favorite Jacquetta Wheeler is back after a seasonal haitus. And Caroline Ribeiro, of course.

I like Herrera, but this dresses etc. are just too simply, especcialy for her.

thanks so much for all the pictures... :flower:

no surprises...but a very solid collections...and very very wearable...many shapes and colours that work on a variety of body shapes and ages...very strong... imo...

easy elegance... -_-

I like a lot of the peices, it isn't ground breaking but I like how consistent her clothes are, well cut and very wearable - although, I'm dissapointed that it isn't as good as her ss04 collection :cry: I loved that collection, it was beautiful :heart:

Solid job, no new twists, but has she always done swimwear and does it sell...or is it just for runway.

I always figured Carolina to be targeting the ladies who lunch crowd, not really the 20somethings, 30something crowd....even though her dresses are very nice.....

I love the patterned gowns and the green swimsuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->