Catwalk (1996)

sethii

Reaction score

Shown at Cannes in 1995, and released in 1996
Director: Robert Leacock
95 mins
A camera follows model Christy Turlington through the spring fashion shows in Milan, Paris, and New York one year in the early 1990s, probably 1992. She and others dash from one designer's unveilings to another. Extended footage looks at Versace and Armani in Milan, Galliano, Gaultier, and Langerfeld in Paris, and Isaac Mizrahi in New York. With Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell, and Turlington, we see the nature of friendships among models. With the engaging Mizrahi in particular, there's some exploration of the relationship between designer and models.
imdb

OOh Christy is so beautiful! I am so proud she has given up smoking and that hectic lifestyle though.Kate was so cute,you just want to hug and tickle her!

Just watched the entire thing, thank you so much, sethii!. what a wonderful documentary, I was never a fan of the supermodel era but watching this kind of makes you go back to these years where the relationship of designers and models was so close that they understood and respected each other's role and work so well.. the camaraderie, the process of working together and having an input coming from the angle you're standing in.. things seem a bit colder now and also much bigger anyway..

Christy is just lovely, love her nonchalant attitude. :heart:

:woot:Thank you,can't wait to watch it later day:flower:

First off, I didn't know Kate Moss was that shorter than the other girls. Haha.

And I wished models still had that same relationship with the designers. It really is a completely different industry now. All the new models are literally on their own and if their careers fail no designer is going to take them up and resurrect their career.

Christy Turlington was perfection. Her sharp bone structure was just unbelievable.

I loved watching this, felt like you get to know them a little bit :wink:

and even back then carla bruni was the most 'intellectual' one of them! interesting!

Watched the whole thing and I was bewitched.
I now adore Christy Turlington - she was so wonderful.
Such a great film with such insight.

I really appreciate that the uploader put this online for us, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase this for download online. Or does anyone have the entire movie, in one piece, uploaded on putlocker or something? The split scenes, weird music dubbing, quality, etc. are a little bit distracting. It'd be nice to hear all of the original score. I guess I'll just buy a copy on amazon, but I was hoping to watch it tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->