Celebrity Houses #2

Taylor Swift bought the famed Samuel Goldwyn estate in Los Angeles. It was listed for $39,000,000 but Taylor paid cash and got it for *only* $25,000,000. Looks like it needs some work, but it's in a wonderful area, it's notable and historical, and according to everyone who's been inside, has tremendous potential.

goldwynmanse_bh1_zpsj9tmn0d7.jpg

goldwynmanse_bh2_zpsjabgho8s.jpg

goldwynmanse_bh3_zpsympgfehs.jpg

goldwynmanse_bh4_zpsyttn8jdc.jpg
goldwynmanse_bh5_zpsullaiw68.jpg

variety.com

Taylor Swift has quote a real estate portfolio now. This is her second home in Los Angeles. She also has two places in Nashville, an oceanfront home in Rhode Island, a penthouse in New York, and I think a house in Pennsylvania?

She really does. She's pretty much the biggest music star on the planet at this precise moment. Her last album was a brilliantly done move to take her to the upper echelons of pop stars and it succeeded tremendously. The money she's earning has made her luuuudicrously wealthy. And she's only just getting started. Haha.

Here's a little blurb from RealEstalker, my favourite real estate blog - mostly because of the hilarity of the writer, "Your Mama".

We’ve now heard from several trusted canaries who include Our Fairy Godmother in Bel-Air and the inestimable real estate yenta Yolanda Yakketyyak — who says she’ll swear on an ocean of Dom Perignon, that it was famously property-mad pop-country crossover superstar Taylor Swift who recently shelled out $25 million in cold hard cash for the Tinseltown pedigreed Samuel Goldywn estate in Beverly Hills. The nearly two-acre spread — elegant, expansive, and well maintained but in need of some sprucing — includes a nearly 11,000-square-foot main house with six bedrooms and at least five bathrooms plus a two-room guest apartment above the garage, extensive gardens, sunken tennis court, swimming pool, and pool house with kitchenette.

Just 25 years old with a breathtaking income — Forbes estimates she hauled in $80 million between June 2014 and June 2015 — the platinum selling phenom presides over an expanding portfolio of increasingly posh residential properties that all together, by our rudimentary calculation, cost the seven-time Grammy winner more than $70 million. Swift already owns a secluded Beverly Hills estate that she picked up in 2011 for $3.55 million and her Nashville holdings include a 4,000-plus-square-foot duplex penthouse bought in 2009 for nearly $2 million and a stately Greek Revival residence on almost six acres acquired in 2011 for $2.5 million. As Swift’s fame and earnings grew so did the size and price of the residences she bought. In the spring of 2013, a year Forbes estimated she raked in an estimated $55 million, she shoveled out $17.75 million for Watch Hill, a 12,000-square-foot seaside spread in Westerly, R.I. And last year, with an income Forbes estimated at around $64 million, she paid “Lord of the Rings” filmmaker Peter Jackson $20 million for a suburban mansion-sized, two-unit duplex penthouse in lower Manhattan that has nine bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms, a 1,200-square-foot living/dining room, and more than 2,000 square feet of wraparound terraces.

*realestalker

Interesting read, thanks for sharing!

I suspect she'll maintain the integrity of the estate. I wonder if she'll ever show any of her homes in a magazine, in an Architectural Digest feature or something. I'd love to see her design choices.

Wait, a very basic question; these are solely for investment purposes right? Otherwise what does a single 25-year-old do with so many gigantic estates and even if she only owned one such house, whom does she live with to need so many bedrooms in one house? I for one would hate to live with so many people ... :ninja: zero privacy...

I think she travels with an entourage, probably has family and friends staying with her often and probably entertains in her home as well (she's had fan gatherings at her house to listen to the new album, big parties at her homes for her tour dancers, etc.), so I don't think it's like she comes home from tour and settles into an empty mansion. Besides, what else is she to spend her money on when you make $80,000,000 a year and you're only 25? It's not like she needs to save it, she could comfortably live dozens of lifetimes on what she has. Maybe real estate or decorating is a hobby? I don't know. But if I were a multimillionaire whose career and income showed no signs of slowing down, I'd want massive homes where my family and friends would be with me, etc.

The Goldwyn estate looks lovely, I really hope she doesnt tamper too much with it's aesthetic. I'm really keen to see her decorating style with all these properties. Even if she's buying in order to host parties (highly plausible considering her string of friends), it's still very weird for a 25yo to own so many properties, and I almost feel uncomfortable about it, but it's her money. I wonder whether she comes from a moneyed background or not? Maybe there's a fear of ending up penniless? Part of her motivation to purchase must be influenced by the investment angle. I'd spruce the Goldwyn mansion up, mark it up a bit more, and sell it off. For me it looks way too staid for Taylor's persona.

Lauren Conrad's Beverly Hills Penthouse:

I actually like most of it, except the splashes of colour - it feels too forced. And she's got flowers in every room, love that about her. The dark cocktail lounge looks so chic.

I see Lauren's not much of an art lover: a small understated painting would've done much for both the living and dining rooms. The walls just looks too bare. A Louis Philippe mirror instead of the square edged one she's got up on the fireplace would also have been better.

091614-lauren-conrad-1-888_1.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-11-888_0.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-3-888_0.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-7-888_1.jpg
091614-lauren-conrad-4-888_0.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-5-888_1.jpg
091614-lauren-conrad-2-888_0.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-6-888_0.jpg
091614-lauren-conrad-8-888_0.jpg091614-lauren-conrad-9-888_0.jpg

Source: InStyle.com

Looks a little too manufactured for my taste (like a designer helped choose all the furnishings at once, rather than a more naturally acquired collection of belongings) but it's pleasant enough. It seems to match her persona.

I am supremely envious of Dominic West and his wife's London home. It's so colorful and happy and it looks like just the most wonderful place for elegant, unpretentious, inspiring, day-to-day living.

dominic-west-435_zpsh9isro2f.jpg

6-660_zpsh7ofw7v3.jpg

5-660_zpscxeig16z.jpg

4-660_zpsxrgxthmz.jpg

7-660_zps1ci5irgj.jpg

1-435_zpswbo7hs50.jpg

2-435_zpsnbzd4e6m.jpg

2-660_zpskfwy0ol4.jpg

3-660_zpse885ic5e.jpg

1-660_zpsoklrg82o.jpg

people.com

^Definitely looks more personal thats for sure! Looks very cosy:heart: I would be very comfortable in that home.

C Home Magazine Fall 2015

Natural Beauty
Photo Lisa Romerein
By Jennifer Blaise Kramer
Stylist Amanda Masters
Subject Tatjana Patitz
Hair & Makeup Sarah Uston

justaguy

I like her place. It's not my style, but it looks comfortable, personal, and distinctive.

Thanks for the upload, Justaguy!! :wub:

So nice to see something from Tatjana again. I'm not mad about the house but only because it's not really my taste. Too sparse and it actually looks very mid 90's. I would for instance do something with the garden instead of going all rustic, but I guess it aligns with the theme of the house.

Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber’s Hamptons Home (they've just listed it for sale)

schreiberwatts_hamp1_zpsw4pkiksm.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp2_zps61dj5pzg.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp3_zpsp20b8jq1.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp4_zpsec2gapk2.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp5_zpstaobhhfw.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp6_zpsns87jn5t.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp7_zpsxuy1dlkm.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp8_zpsy5mq4dfo.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp9_zpshlpvu80s.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp10_zpsxmo04es8.jpg

schreiberwatts_hamp11_zpsgunnkjw0.jpg

variety.com

This is really a very beautiful property, lots of natural light which I love. The imposing ceiling in the living and master bedroom is quite something to behold. I'm not very fond of their decor choices though. The chairs throughout the house? :sick: You'd think this is an old woman's house. Also the handbasins in the master bathroom are much too big. One could almost bath a small child in it, but the colours flow well together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->