Over the Shoulder, Over the Top - NYTimes article

Leona said:
..."Carol Bell, 36, a Miami resident and divorced mother of two, is unfazed by the soaring cost of handbags. Ms. Bell, who earns about $150,000 a year as the co-president of a public relations firm, recently acquired a Mulberry tote and has her eye on a monogrammed Goyard canvas bag, a rarefied item that has yet to infiltrate such affluent Miami enclaves as Coral Gables or South Beach. "I'm not extremely wealthy," she said, "but when something is appealing to me I don't put a price on it. "

$150K a year is NOT wealthy for a lady? :blink: Hope I can make as much when I'm in my mid 30s... :blush:

When high-end bags cost 2K, that only gets you 75 bags. $150K doesn't buy what it used to...:lol:

Seriously, though, that's the curse of consumerism. No matter how much you make, it's never enough...:doh:

Leona said:
..."Carol Bell, 36, a Miami resident and divorced mother of two, is unfazed by the soaring cost of handbags. Ms. Bell, who earns about $150,000 a year as the co-president of a public relations firm, recently acquired a Mulberry tote and has her eye on a monogrammed Goyard canvas bag, a rarefied item that has yet to infiltrate such affluent Miami enclaves as Coral Gables or South Beach. "I'm not extremely wealthy," she said, "but when something is appealing to me I don't put a price on it. "

$150K a year is NOT wealthy for a lady? :blink: Hope I can make as much when I'm in my mid 30s... :blush:

not in Miami...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->