Celebrity Houses #2

He said in the interview that this appartment is just to sleep and work and that he wanted it very modern, clean and almost clinical. He doesn't received in that appartment and he has another appartment two and a half away where he receive people.

I quite like how schizophrenic he is. This appartment and the house in Biarritz are so different. It's almost hard to imagine that they are owned by the same person.

I would love to see a retrospective of his houses.

He said in the interview that this appartment is just to sleep and work and that he wanted it very modern, clean and almost clinical. He doesn't received in that appartment and he has another appartment two and a half away where he receive people.

I quite like how schizophrenic he is. This appartment and the house in Biarritz are so different. It's almost hard to imagine that they are owned by the same person.

I would love to see a retrospective of his houses.

Almost clinical? I would gladly have open heart surgery in his kitchen.

That's a joke right?

His living room looks like an office space, his kitchen like a cheap restaurant and it's all sooo depressing. Seeing this after I've seen his house from the 90's it's clear to see he doesn't have much taste. Not even 10% of Marc's.

I agree. I couldn't stay in that place for 10 mins!

^^
I'm sure he will not bother. I mean, the purpose of this appartment is for him and him only to live.
He said no one goes there so...:lol:

Tim Gunn's NY apartment

traditional home digital edition

Thanks for posting, Nymphaea! :wink:
Tim's house looks like an antique lover's wet dream. I personally am not a big fan of antiques, here and there, but not as overwhelming as his. Also, no to that conservatory. Any conservatory, that is! Love the terrace, and his lush little garden! It looks like it's probably very fragant. And there's also lots of natural light throughout which liven up the dark wood accents. I'm not sure whether the dark window panes go well with the white American-style shutters though.

I like Tim Gunn's apartment. It's classic - generic, one might say - good taste, but it works. I love the inclusion of a few interesting pieces. That Timothy Richards architectural cabinet is really, really stunning. It looks sophisticated but comfortable and the terrace, really, is the highlight. Tim Gunn might find it a big gauche, but I'd be interested to see the bathroom(s) and kitchen.

I know these photos only loosely belong in this thread because the focus is garden, not home, but it's an unnecessary distinction in this case. These photos are of Anna Wintour's Long Island home and gardens and they are utterly sublime.

15tmag-wintour-slide-LEWH-master1050_zpsi3q4dllm.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-ZT9U-superJumbo_zpsqeqns0c4.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-WVH0-master1050_zpsqxh5itbz.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-4XLI-master1050_zpsswqdjjo1.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-QRFK-blog533_zpszhhqpx6r.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-IL79-blog533_zpswxqsfarw.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-17SR-blog533_zpsdbcfaxtq.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-9A81-articleLarge_zpsbdl7su1i.jpg

15tmag-wintour-slide-VUTB-blog533_zpsj6gv149w.jpg

nytimes.com

Claudia Schiffer's Tudor Manse in England

Architectural Digest digital edition

continued...

Alexander Wang's West Chelsea Apartment

Kate Moss' London Home

I so wish Kate had agreed to shore more of her home. I'm intrigued by what I see... definitely not cookie cutter!

I wouldn't want Claudia's home as a full time or even regular weekend residence (I mean, assuming I had the amount of cash I assume she has. As it is, beggars can't be choosers haha) but it looks like a lovely place to stay occasionally with a big group of people.

For me, Kate's house looks very mediocre. From what I can see. There's very little character. Same with Alexander Wang. It's very cliched, especially the L-shaped seating.
The decor in Claudia's home intrigues me. One can tell it was a very challenging process, especially with a home with such an intimidating presence. Other than the bathroom marble and the corny lion portrait in the dining room, I like all of the rest.

I really don't like CLaudia's house. Mr Wang's house is weird. It's modern, masculine but very cliché like you said Benn98. Not that much personality or particular taste. I like the idea but it needs to have some personality like Rick Owens's apartment. It may not be everybody's taste but you notice it..The same with Karl, it's weird but it has personality.

Marc's apartment is still the best for me. I'm ready to live there. I would love to see Miuccia's, Phoebe's and Stella's apartments.

Julianne Moore's New York City Townhouse

architectural digest digital edition

Poppy Delevingne London House

architectural digest digital edition

Most of the times I really don't like the interior design of the celebrity's houses but Poppy is the exception! I love it and would move in there instantly without changing anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->