Celine A/W 2004 Paris

ebowleg

Reaction score
Here are a few looks from the show...

capt.par13303041926.france_fashion_par133.jpg

here's another...i think it's very chic so far...he said his inspirations were audrey hepburn and carolyn besette kennedy...sounds good to me... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
here's another...i think it's very chic so far...he said his inspirations were audrey hepburn and carolyn besette kennedy...sounds good to me... :innocent:
:huh: very carolina herrera

Originally posted by meowmix+Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(meowmix @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 5:04 pm
:huh: very carolina herrera [/b][/quote]
definitely...good call... B)

very grace kelly

Kors may not be the most creative or even original designer on the planet, but his collections are consistent, coherent, and most importantly, they look good. His style is purely American Sportswear soaked in luxury, and there are few others who can do it better. Which is far more than what can be said about a certain designer who works for a fellow LVMH stablemate... :rolleyes:

he's good at this kind of clothes,
i wonder who will take his place though..

its not an easy post Kors is all the Celine there ever was
they were only making jersey logo t-shirts and scarves before he came.

i never really bought the whole thing-american sportswear from a paris design house...something didn't quite fit...i think that whoever bought michael kors, also bought celine (i'm speaking of the customer here)...now that he won't be doing celine anymore...his customers will buy more of his own collection, i think...he's right, it's not wise to compete with yourself...it would be different if the collections were different enough to attract different customers, but they weren't...they were very, very similar...celine was taking sales away from michael kors...i think the same thing happened with gucci and ysl..not to go OT...

anyway...i think the new person who comes in will pretty much have an open playing field to do whatever they choose...it's an excellent opportunity for someone... :flower:

I like what I have seen so far, quite similar to AW02, which was a brilliant collection.

Michael Kors' own collection is more light and fun. He seems to save his serious stuff for Celine exclusively.

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 4th, 2004 - 4:04 pm
You can tell... I like it! :clap:

one more look-i love the flats...

I'm so loving this collection.

Some of my favorite:

00030f.jpg
00040f.jpg

00160f.jpg
00210f.jpg

some of the lengths are a bit 'off' for the tight skirts
(few cm loger than i'd like them to be)..
but on the whole, yes, a very commercial and not too boring line
that should please the celine client.

thanks for the photos miss P. :flower:
loved most on the second group you posted,
mainly first, third and fourth looks :heart:

Thanks for those pictures. I didn't notice this until I saw these last batch of pics, but there seems to be a major retro, 40's and 50's vibe about the collection, which is quite unusual for Kors.

Why beautiful, wearable clothes like these don't get a fraction of the editorial coverage as the outlandish theatrical junk made by Galliano, is completely beyond me. :sick:

And before anyone attempts to answer my rhetorical question, yes, I know the reason why, I'm just sick with how things are with this industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->