Celine F/W 2024.25 Paris

Chanel by CELINE by Hedi Slimane.

Felt bit like an audition. The mirrors too. Apparently a tribute to Richard Avedon.

Separates as usual were fabulous, nothing to talk about. I think there’s a tonal shift, less of that French girl next door pastiche he’s been doing. I guess he renewed his contract and with that comes Celine Beauté. He’s in this for the long term, much so he puts his name in the end of the video after ‘CELINE’.

Bravo!

A very confident collection. Reminds me a bit of that period(early 2000s) when Karl was REALLY into Hedi.

There’s nothing really new and not a lot of actual design but there are wonderful separates and dresses, accessories and shoes.

I’m not the biggest fan on the 1960s or Hedi but he created a great collection. It doesn’t give me any emotion though. I really only view his collection in a very /retail way. It doesn’t make me dream about fashion.

I must say he really knows how to switch things up I’m over the Indy phase at Celine. On the shop floor it’s totally seasonless and that logo is now able to compete with other brands you really see girls with the buckles (just within a few years) Presentation is overdone now I’m bored of the videos. But I really appreciate new styling and fashion decade reference! I don’t think we’ve seen a space age 60s from him before. At YSL was Mod but with the boots I agree feels Cardin and Courreges. I like what I see it’s basic as hell but visually distinct and precise.

Also it notes the announcement of Celine Beauté, first a lipstick collection curious to see how it’s going to be.

Gorgeous fashion after a very boring fashion week

I think this is a wonderful collection - He finally did some designing here and the results are true to the classical approach he laid out for Celine, while providing enough news to move the narrative forward! I see a lot of 60ies Cristobal Balenciaga here, with the block-heeled patent boots, embroideries, necklines and hats really nailing that - Similar to Nicolas' FW'06 collection for Balenciaga, which also drew heavy inspiration from that time (it happens to be my most favourite era in fashion).

Celine really needed a collection that delivered a super-precise fashion statement and this show delivered that perfectly.

Gorgeous collection, i think this is the first time i really like Hedi's Celine.
Even though it's just reminds me lil' bit Balenciaga FW 2006 (maybe the styling).
But still.. very ladylike elegance.
I really didnt expect he can created something like this. Because in my mind he only make clothes for indie, skinny rockstar or something like that

Hedi is a fantastic merchandiser!
In one video, he presented a collection, set a mood, presented different categories of products and introduced even new categories.

The collection is good. It’s the bourgeois version of a collection he did 10 years ago for YSL. This time, it’s more infused with French Couture…More Givenchy indeed than Balenciaga because it lacks in terms of roundness.
It has that MGC vibe but maybe more elevated because of the luscious presentation.

Hedi is a man of details so, the buttons are perfect. I don’t like that much the very tight silhouettes because I’m not responding well to that shoulder lately but I love the looser silhouettes. The capes, vareuses, peacoats are perfect essentials.

For a very logo-oriented offering, it was done with taste.

The goal is to transform Celine into a whole lifestyle brand. The strength of Hedi is his vision and aesthetic.
I don’t particularly cares for Celine make-up but I guess the next stage is the skincare, similarly to what he did at Dior Homme with the « Dermo system » line.

He has found his home at Celine and he is finally able to fulfill his vision on a larger scale.

LOVE this collection would love to see Hedi design for Chanel one day

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->