Celine F/W 2024.25 Paris

Razor-sharp tailoring and direction on this collection, but this is always the case with Hedi. One of his best at Celine. The set and the video are amazing, all the references to the Grand Couturiers are spot on as well. With the mess that Chanel is and the menswear at LV, I'd say Celine is on the road to become one of the most prestigious ones, if Hedi carries on with the marketing like this.

why does this remind me of ghesquires first louis vuitton collections. its like the watered down retail version of it.

very commercial and will no doubt sell well on top of looking very expensive and well made. a bit boring though, could be his version of ancora.

Reminds me a lot of his collection for Saint Laurent fall 2014; when I saw these black patent boots and Mary-Janes

Chic 60s simplicity, elevated and highly desirable. The purity of the line and presentation is a pleasure. A palate cleanser after a show season of sameness and oversized laziness. Hats off (or on) to Hedi and his continued empire building at Celine.

I think Fall 2019 will always be my favorite one from him, but this is a good one! I agree with the comments - he definitely knows how to elevate a brand and promote an aspirational lifestyle.

Ok...60s Audrey Hepburn wearing Givenchy, Cardin, Courrèges and some Balenciaga...and??? What´s the point of this for Celine in 2024?? Audrey cosplay for rich girls??

A litteral time capsule from a period when smoking was allowed in planes and fax machines a novelty ...
Super-sharp tailoring, love the boots, the bubble fur coats, hate the maryjanes...
Unapologetically bourgeois, style-wise and in the Marxist meaning.
I love that it doesn't have false, pseudo-intellectual, pretenses ; Celine just wants to offer a precise and extensive wardrobe to rich clients.
Good for them, Hedi seems eager to go this way...

Such a precise, tasteful and frankly gorgeous presentation, with a collection to match!

I'm not amused by the Mary Janes, they're a bit everywhere at the moment and I find this style to be rather unflattering when not worn by the right person and outfit. It works well here, which I'm sure we know why.

Some great touches of Chanel, Cardin, Givenchy and even Bohan here for it's sheer ease and simplicity. If it's an audition, then sure he can go for it. But there is a part of me that is amused by the idea of all these other brands doing Chanel better than Chanel, with better (or more understandable) pricing for the wares and quality. The furs and chubbies are also a nice call back to his last Saint Laurent collection too.

Why the comments are deactivated?

YouTube comments adds nothing for the brand. I guarantee you the top 20 comments would be “where is LISA?”

This is a very astute collection by Hedi. With Chanel and Givenchy underperforming artistically, he will be able to successfully convert their customers into Celine girls.

I just know that rich Asian girls will eat these up.

Last edited:
Im excited! This is extraordinary. An impossibly chic wardrobe for your one stop jet set needs. My god this stuff is hot. Such razor sharp vision and execution. Perfect editing and proportions. Exquisite fabrics and construction .. . Its reminding me of DH Hedi.

Last edited:
This is the most singular womenswear collection that he has done, it's no-nonsense, well-curated and done impeccably.
The nod to the 60's quintessence of Pierre Cardin and Cristobal Balenciaga was executed fresh and still has that sharp Hedi-isms.

With Celine Beauty launching this fall, LVMH seems to be determined to Out-Chanel, Chanel! I think this is a good compromise for Hedi, If both his Leathergoods, Beauty and Fragrance are doing well then he'll have more autonomy for the brand. He's not going anywhere, especially with this kind of control and freedom. He never got to this point with Kering and I think Celine is the new LVMH darling replacing Givenchy and probably going to surpass Fendi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->