Celine *Ivana Omazic -updated

Gilles would be perfect for celine.. but he wouldnt/shouldnt go,
his collections are really taking off now :wink:

my honest opinion on this is that they did a big mistake when they let Kors go..
i'm sure they are regreting this by now

Lena said:
Gilles would be perfect for celine.. but he wouldnt/shouldnt go,
his collections are really taking off now :wink:

my honest opinion on this is that they did a big mistake when they let Kors go..
i'm sure they are regreting this by now

Absolutely , Lena .:flower:

No matter WHAT Karl Lagerfeld said about Michael Kors , he certainly has the talent to create the most luxurious American sportswear .

kit said:
Absolutely , Lena .:flower:

No matter WHAT Karl Lagerfeld said about Michael Kors , he certainly has the talent to create the most luxurious American sportswear .

I third this. Celine was blockbuster under Kors.

here we go, introducing Ivana

It looks like she had the inside track.

After interviewing a slate of prominent female candidates, Celine has opted for an in-house talent, Ivana Omazic, to become its next designer, WWD has learned.

According to a source here, 32-year-old Omazic, who joined Celine as a consultant last April from Miu Miu, will be named to head design at the fashion and accessories firm owned by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton. An announcement is expected shortly.

Omazic will succeed Roberto Menichetti, who exited Celine last May after a lackluster one-year collaboration. Although she had a hand in the cruise line already sold to buyers, Omazic is expected to show her first complete collection on the runway during Paris Fashion Week in October.

Born in Zagreb, Croatia, Omazic studied fashion at the European Institute of Design in Milan. Upon graduation, she joined Romeo Gigli for one year before moving on to Prada Group. There, she worked on the Prada Sport and Jil Sander brands, but she was most recently women's ready-to-wear design coordinator at Miu Miu.

Neither LVMH nor Celine officials could be reached for comment on Tuesday. However, it is understood the house was eager to find a designer willing to be devoted exclusively to Celine

from wwd :flower:

thaks Lena - interesting. I was never a fan of Celine but i agree that to a large extent he made it what it is today. It is the epitomy of american chic I think.

She certainly has an excellent CV , and hopefully maintain the ' Sophisticated Lady ' attribute that the House of Celine has always had .

I wonder whether sh'll find working for LVMH less nerve-racking than working for Patrizio Bertelli ? :innocent:

it is understood the house was eager to find a designer willing to be devoted exclusively to Celine

very interesting...there was a conversation about this in another thread, how hard it is to design for your own house and another at the same time...

seems only marc jacobs has mastered this...

thanks for the news lena :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->