Celine S/S 2021 Monaco

Will you hate me if I say that I liked this?
No because I like it too haha. It is just the type of collection where nothing much to say or I will remember in few months. It is very clear what he tries to do lately. I prefer his proposition on youth over the Raf's one because it is really easy to visualise yourself with these looks. I am sure some people could easily buy the total looks as they are really "ready-to-serve".

At this point, I guess Hedi wants Celine to be the go-to for any rich people in need of basics. It works at Dior so why not.

It tells me nothing tbh, perfect clothes for rich kids for when they finally return to campus. If we're gonna compare it with Raf, I wouldn't feel ridiculous in this runway looks, that's something I guess.

There are nice separates. I loved the tailored blazers, blouses, and some of the dresses. What gets me is the styling. Could you imagine how ridiculous you would look if you stepped out wearing a camo baseball cap, flannel jacket, a bedazzled maxi dress, and CHELSEA BOOTS!?! Really, I don’t care how beautiful one is, no one could pull that of. Personally I love Hedi’s work, I always have. But wow, whoever styled this collection needs to rethink their approach.

it’s Celine for Tik Tok.

I knew Hedi would never be the old Celine which is perfectly fine I guess. his tenure at Saint Laurent made sense because it was all very obvious but also creative and it did feel very personal (to his personal friend, his work as a photographer etc).

when he started with Celine his first two collections were a surprise (second one a little weaker) but there was also a sense of cohesion, like he was heading somewhere, either we liked it or not.
but now... what the f*ck is this?! I mean I’m sure there are cool pieces but... UGH

I'm really into his take on the classic Chanel tweed jacket he's been doing lately; actually I'd happily wear the ones made in plain twill wool

Last edited:
Compared with Vaccarello's work at Saint Laurent, Hedi just failed to reinvent himself at Celine. As long as Saint Laurent the brand continue to elevate the aesthetic/one chapter taken by Hedi from Yves, I don't think Hedi could redeem himself in the future since his vocabulary is so limited. Isn't it ridiculous that your past is like a ghost haunting you for the rest of your life.

There’s so many logos! It’s nuts!
Man, what a piece of sh*t collection. It’s like His work at Celine is ruining his reputation.

But wow, whoever styled this collection needs to rethink their approach.

Hedi styled this, thus, he needs to rethink his approach. Celine has such a weird identity clash right now between the Parisian bourgeois look and this Urban Outfitters look.

He pulled this off better with the Saint Laurent "Surf Sound" collection (though those were different times). The Tik Tok/Kaia Gerber influence is too apparent to the point of it being a caricature to any audience that sees it. The kids won't like this and it won't sell well. Gen Z'ers pride themselves on not relying on expensive clothing to pull off that certain look; "style" Tik Toks glorify thrifted outfits. In a sense, that doesn't make Hedi too different from those Tik Tokers considering he has put thrifted clothes on the runway. In addition, Celine doesn't have the hype to rely on selling logo pieces. Why spend money on a Celine logo sweats/cap/baguette bag when one can get the same from YSL/Fendi/etc and more people will recognize it.

I really want to root for Hedi because he was important to my early teen years when he was at Saint Laurent. But I've outgrown his cult following and I think many others have too. Oh well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->