Celine S/S 2021 Monaco

I don’t have the energy to scour the Zara website however I think if you put some effort in it you would find more interesting clothes there than at Celine.

^^^ I don't get that tho. Who buys Celine logo stuff???? Like they're just that desperate and casting that wide of a net?

And I understand that there are brands that have a heritage, like Burberry where one might go to for a trench. But what is Celine's heritage? To be frank the only identity it has from my perspective is Phoebe Philo, and the identity was her designs. Now it's just overpriced basics? Who cares?? There is absolutely nothing there that I would go to for. I understand there are rich people that buy stuff just bc it's expensive, but look around at our planet. The amount of unnecessary sh*t being churned out right now is ridiculous. Hedi Slimane does not need to be creating and marketing this crap when it already exists. Its "quality" is totally irrelevant.

Well Celine has always been associated with very boring staples actually. It was always LVMH's most boring house with exception to Loewe. So as far as heritage goes Phoebe was against Celine's heritage and Hedi is very much honoring the heritage.

As far as the clothes goes people are right Celine is where you go to get classic clothes without needing to really think about it too much. I can see a lot of people choosing Celine over Gucci (and LV too) because it has that trendy style but in conservative colors and materials. That Celine logo windbreaker will sell out. It was smart to show in Monaco since I can see a lot of the older crowd going for this - again this is an easy way to be guaranteed in style and not tacky.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->