Celine S/S 2025 Paris

Virginie didn’t do interviews…
But the down side was that Bruno Pavlovsky was then more present in the media (which I don’t think is good).

Tbh, I’m warming up more and more to the idea of Jacquemus at Chanel.
At least, I know something will happen there.

I know it has the potential to be fun and if he can’t have a good idea, there are archives to rely on.

But yes, with Hedi, it feels limited and contrived. We all can like it because it’s quite safe.
Jacquemus at Chanel ohh no :-( not my type of fun ...it will be another Mcqueen issue where the low skills don't match the house history and qualities.

No archive will safe any Designer like him when a creative director dont know what to do with it.

Chanel need to be Chanel be just perfection, if that is safe i am good with that last thing we need is a overpriced Chanel that is crap.

Jacquemus is to limited he can pretend to be new or modern but when you see the design its not it just has a easy aura and its fun within the context of the brand world he created.

But if you look well he is cheap in taste and knowledge of design , like ancora guy & co they just know what modern is on a surface level that why its always so flat and empty.

I like it. I love how precise it is. Down to the hair, I always think the hair sets the tone at a slimane show. He’s very good. To bad if he’s leaving, Celine is his now. A loss for lvmh

Jacquemus at Chanel ohh no :-( not my type of fun ...it will be another Mcqueen issue where the low skills don't match the house history and qualities.

No archive will safe any Designer like him when a creative director dont know what to do with it.

Chanel need to be Chanel be just perfection, if that is safe i am good with that last thing we need is a overpriced Chanel that is crap.

Jacquemus is to limited he can pretend to be new or modern but when you see the design its not it just has a easy aura and its fun within the context of the brand world he created.

But if you look well he is cheap in taste and knowledge of design , like ancora guy & co they just know what modern is on a surface level that why its always so flat and empty.
He can’t be worse than Virginie…
If we want to talk about taste, i think the worst has been done since 2019 in terms of taste level, quality of design or anything else.

Tbh im on a ANYONE BUT HEDI SLIMANE.

I prefer to hate the unknown than to hate the expected.

To me, it seems so dated, caricatural, easy as in crossing checks that are mandatory (this is done, that is done, etc. like)

He can’t be worse than Virginie…
If we want to talk about taste, i think the worst has been done since 2019 in terms of taste level, quality of design or anything else.

Tbh im on a ANYONE BUT HEDI SLIMANE.

I prefer to hate the unknown than to hate the expected.
To me Jacquemus is worse than VV for sure....... VV at least has dept of craft in insight to what makes something Chanel, even if she has frumpy sides to her creative output she had many looks and items that are are pure Chanel.

I prefer her kooky off then cheap fake modern Jac

Jacquemus is flat and trust me this is his max for his own brand in terms of creativity and ideas, novelty for its sake of just being new is turning out to be a cheap mess at all this houses with CD´s with lack of vision or proper skills.

I prefer to see high quality in progress then new but shittty made and surface level ideas.

Jacquemus is not new or innovation to me he been on same track since he started and is not evolving to be the promising genius of french fashion.

I realized he already started releasing the campaign for this collection, and that it’ll be available February. Feels more a bit like a clearance.

To me Jacquemus is worse than VV for sure....... VV at least has dept of craft in insight to what makes something Chanel, even if she has frumpy sides to her creative output she had many looks and items that are are pure Chanel.

I prefer her kooky off then cheap fake modern Jac

Jacquemus is flat and trust me this is his max for his own brand in terms of creativity and ideas, novelty for its sake of just being new is turning out to be a cheap mess at all this houses with CD´s with lack of vision or proper skills.

I prefer to see high quality in progress then new but shittty made and surface level ideas.

Jacquemus is not new or innovation to me he been on same track since he started and is not evolving to be the promising genius of french fashion.
You know, in a way you don’t have to justify the reason why Jacquemus wouldn’t be a good fit because I can agree to some degree. I had hopes in him but at his own brand, things aren’t going better.
Except if it’s a JWA scenario where he turns things around for me (I hated his work prior to Loewe), I’m not the most thrilled by the perspective of him taking over Chanel.

But one thing is sure: anybody but Mr Slimane. I’ve already warned my S.A. 😂

Next time I will do the bingo card for Hedi's show.

- Member complaining about an established designer with decades at top houses having the same look over and over again, as if all creatives ever do not have their consistent style, like telling Avedon, Venetia Scott or anybody else with decades of experience to "reinvent": check.

- Member being crazy about the collection, disregarding how it looks, just because it is Hedi: check.

- Member having a dump on the collection, disregarding how it looks, just because it is Hedi: check.

- Endless, annoying forever talks about Hedi at Chanel that have been around for years: check.

- Endless, annoying forever talks about "right this one show at Celine being his last" that have been around for years, because people love to brag about "insider" knowledge, but in reality it is their fashion-y f*ckboy friend that works as a clerk at Harvey Nichols or something: check.

- An obligatory comparison to (insert any designer here), despite them having nothing in common: check.

- "Everything sucks now, everything is terrible, Karl is dead and now fashion is too" with a sprinkle of delusion about how corporate world works and the reality of how corporate everything in the world has become, bonus points for non-stop nostalgia: check.

Feel free to make modifications for some designers. Unmodified version also applies well to Loewe with JWA and Dior with MGC! My advice would be to use sips of wine or light cocktails, because by the third check you'd already be tipsy as hell.

I have not enjoyed a show like this in years, the music, the vibe, the fashion. It feels modern and aspirational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->