Celine S/S 2025 Paris

By far his best womenswear collection ever. But leaving the ubiquitous Chanel comparisons aside (and yes, I wasn’t expecting such an honest and straight-forward proposition for a completely different fashion house); what I appreciate the most is his evolution giving women a much more wide range of style and fit through this tenure.

I remember during his Saint Laurent days that people used to say that in the end of the day, his mens collections compensated his weak offerings for the counterpart; but making an effort to show something fresh and youthful yet still appealing a large amount of clientele of all ages, and giving importance to both tailoring and dressmaking equally then I can see him being a womenswear designer full time.

i think we should get it right... its a caricature or the idea of chanel. The real and current Chanel has moved on from this basicness under karl. Karl's Chanel was a world of dreams, nothing as basic as this even in his laziest form.

This just wont be enough for Chanel's top clients.

It's very debutante. Very European aristocracy. Very CAUCASIAN.

Stunning from start to finish.
it's also very usa detroit music scene and usa pageant and nyc 50´s office lady and stop white washing history lol black usa music and culture was influential as rap is now for style and music

black artist literally had their style and songs stolen by white music labels ......

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 14.48.28.png

1ad4e627a3c8c35a4c71f0bcbf68d008.jpg
47509192_10157884815722786_8620283573942878208_n.jpg

Hedi's Celine often feels like watching Hedi work things out in real time. I mean that positively. I'd say a few seasons ago he really definitively aligned his vision of himself with his vision for Celine, and now that he's answered 'What is Hedi's Celine?', he's taking that unified vision on new adventures like 'How does Hedi's Celine woman out-Parisian chic the Chanel woman?' and 'What does the Celine hediboy wear while having his first gay romance at British finishing school?'

I find it astonishing every time how “cleaned up” everything drapes and is cut - If it wasn't for the fact that this is a video, one would have to assume somebody spent months to retouch the images to achieve this illusion. It‘s of course nothing new with Hedi when you followed him through from Dior, the term 'flawless cut' never fitted a designer better than him!

That being said, criticism of his work is valid. I find the endless parade of non-colors a bit limiting and predictable and this idea of a somewhat conservative retro-french look not very exciting - The best looks are those looks referencing Cristobal Balenciaga.

Either way, I'd like to believe the better designers have something about them that expands your view on clothing and for me, it's the zealous devotion to a flawlessly cut and made end product, the devotion to a super fine-tuned proportion that I have learned from Hedi. That precision of his, is unparalleled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradabananas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->