Cellulite

the weird thing is, mine is not dimply as such or like 'orange peel' as they, but just lines across the back of my thighs-is this even cellulite? if not, what is it? Once a friend showed me hers and it looked the same as mine! I am confused too aquarius_21.

wowandflutter said:
the weird thing is, mine is not dimply as such or like 'orange peel' as they, but just lines across the back of my thighs-is this even cellulite? if not, what is it? Once a friend showed me hers and it looked the same as mine! I am confused too aquarius_21.
\

Are those lines stretch marks?

I heard that eating pineapple helps you eliminate the "trapped water" in your body, thus reducing appearcane of cellulite, because like someone said cellulite is just water sockets. Is there any truth to this? Because if there is, believe me, my favourite new fruit is pineapple!

JEM said:
I heard that eating pineapple helps you eliminate the "trapped water" in your body, thus reducing appearcane of cellulite, because like someone said cellulite is just water sockets. Is there any truth to this? Because if there is, believe me, my favourite new fruit is pineapple!

Yes, I've also heard this... am not sure though... :unsure:

LucindaMay said:
I'm not sure about pineapple. But grapefruit is supposed to help.

I love Pineapple... Cooked or raw, I just love. Makes my tummy feel so good.

- Pineapple upside down cake, hawaiian pizza, pineapple on ham, vodka and pineapple, pineapple sorbet, pineapple fried rice, pineapple on toothpicks, pineapple jello, pineapple on a skewer, pineapple in salads...I just love it all...

Grapefruits, eh, not so much.

:ninja:

I hate cellulite! ...who doesn't? I'm tiny (size 0 or 2) and I have an abundance of it on my butt and upper thighs. I guess I should get up and do something productive for a change. Do you seriously have to exercise to get rid of it? Ugh...

^I know what you mean. I see many people who are actually larger than me, but obviously more fit and toned and don't have cellulite. I'm trying to combat it from within, however. Trying to detox my body

Ahh..if Paris Hilton, Mischa Barton and Gwen Stefani can't get rid of it with all their money/stylists/personal trainers..I think women may grow hopeless. :(

woodenhouse said:
^I know what you mean. I see many people who are actually larger than me, but obviously more fit and toned and don't have cellulite. I'm trying to combat it from within, however. Trying to detox my body

I want to detox sooo badly, but it's terribly difficult with my boyfriend always offering to give me yummy food. :blush: One of these weeks I'm just going to have to quarantine myself and go for it.:ninja:

i'm size 2-4 or size 26-27 (jean sizes), so yeah, i'm 'thin' BUT i do have a butt.. one which causes a small amount of cellulite around the bottom of my behind. like sashatheelf, i noticed it gets better when i lose weight, so my cellulite is probably just a result of my butt getting bigger or something haha...
i think most women have it, but i do think there are things which can help it! anyone have more info on the pineapple idea (some actual factual info)? what about doing scrubs in the area? does it help? i'm going to a health resort for a week or so, where i wikll be getting massages and an herbal wrap or something simlilar (someone earlier suggested that this was helpful)... i'll let you all know if this ACTUALLY helps..

what about the slimming procucts?? have anyone tried these by Clarins, Dior, Shesido or YSL?

wowandflutter said:

I also have this similar question. Can someone please tell me if this is cellulite.

Take my word for it people. The only way to get rid of it is to tone your muscles.

^Weight training?? I've been doing cardio and it really hasn't helped the situation in any bit.

Do Yoga! Seriously, it is better than anything. You sweat so much and your entire body gets a great workout. It gets everything moving (your circulation, your lymph system, your organs etc).

I have been exercising regularly and full-on for well over six months and although I am getting more toned and have lost weight/inches, the cellulite does not budge. so no, i don't believe exercise makes a difference.

woodenhouse said:
^Weight training?? I've been doing cardio and it really hasn't helped the situation in any bit.

Yes. Weight lifting. But you also need to do cardio to burn fat. Great muscles won’t pop up when they're covered in fat tissue.

From what my trainer tells me the muscles make skin firmer and tighter and therefore reduces the appearance of the cellulite. Apparently, it's also easiest to reduce the appearance of cellulite when you're young and your skin still has its elasticity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->