Chanel Cruise 2019 Paris

a very fresh collection, love those knitwear, so young and chic, not a fan of 90's tweed pieces though, but i am sure they look much more gorgeous in real

Maybe the trickiest resort collection to do for Karl at Chanel considering how many times he turned around that theme, given the fact that nautical elements has always been a part of Chanel and of his work over the past 35 years.

A lot of good pieces, great separates and great tailoring. I got a 30's feel from the opening looks and somehow some of his early 80's Chloé stuff with some mid 80's Chanel stuff also. I'm much more appalled by the styling. It's too juvenile for my taste!
I understand that the plastic stuff from the SS show is selling well (i'm still confused about that) but i don't think it deserved to be on again for this one. And those ripped jeans are just tacky!

The collection looked more convincing at the Re-See today and on movement than on still to be honest.

I guess Chanel has found it formula of It-items: The logo sweaters and the expected already big-selling t-shirt is coming back.

More than looks, i really likes pieces from this collection.
Looking at how bad the styling is, Carine is not going to ruin it in the campaign this time.

I usually love Chanel Resort and Pre-Fall shows but this doesn't do it for me.

This feels dated already. Kind of feels like something from Chanel 5-10 years ago.
There's nothing fresh or chic about this particular collection. In fact a lot of pieces look like they've come from previous collections and just randomly thrown in there.

I do like the logo sweaters at the start but that's pretty much it.
I'm just not getting any imagination or that x-factor that Chanel usually has.

Those shoes are beyond boring too. In fact the footwear is just lazy.

It looks very Chanel if something maybe seen before.
I was thinking it was a solid collection with a few random items thrown in, then I saw those wretched ripped blue jeans!? WTF!
Not what I expect from Chanel of all places.

Very inoffensive, quite a lot of great pieces. Perhaps I like it precisely because it reminded me of Chanel ten years ago.

I am placing bets that Beyonce will be the first one to wear those ripped jeans.

This feels dated already. Kind of feels like something from Chanel 5-10 years ago.

I´d rather say "This feels dated already. Kind of feels like something from Chanel 25-30 years ago"

This is really such a 'meh' collection. It feels uninspired and nothing stands out.

Unfortunately for Karl it isn't the older the better. I think I have to go back at least 10 years to find something I like. This collection is mostly oversized and shapeless. The customer also?

Unfortunately for Karl it isn't the older the better. I think I have to go back at least 10 years to find something I like. This collection is mostly oversized and shapeless. The customer also?

Grannies wont buy Hervé Léger dresses...

There are good pieces, but those ripped jeans are tragic. Great to see Adut opening, by the way!

Extremely forgettable and unremarkable.

I happened to wind up watching the Chanel Spring/Summer 2004 runway video the other night while YouTube browsing....

Chanel just hasn’t had the same magic for me in a very long time. Karl will occasionally pull out a strong, mostly gimmick-free collection every once and a while, but ultimately the last decade of Chanel is really quite a blur to me of silly themes and little else.

The 2004 show reminded me of that fabulous time for Chanel...cheesy accessories popped up even then, but something about the casting, the low key sets, the effortless and casual styling...it all worked so well and was so aspirational. Miss that.

loved it, the music was amazing. proper show ! it has a beautiful mood.

Extremely forgettable and unremarkable.

I happened to wind up watching the Chanel Spring/Summer 2004 runway video the other night while YouTube browsing....

Chanel just hasn’t had the same magic for me in a very long time. Karl will occasionally pull out a strong, mostly gimmick-free collection every once and a while, but ultimately the last decade of Chanel is really quite a blur to me of silly themes and little else.

The 2004 show reminded me of that fabulous time for Chanel...cheesy accessories popped up even then, but something about the casting, the low key sets, the effortless and casual styling...it all worked so well and was so aspirational. Miss that.

Isn’t that fashion was different or better in 2004 as a whole?
SS2004 is a great collection and it hasn’t aged compared to a lot of things of that era (Chanel aged pretty well) but it would be consider boring by today’s standard.

It was around that time that he started his big shows (with SS2005).

As underwhelming as it may seems, I think that the 2010’s were a pretty good era for him. Yes the 4 later years weren’t as good as the 4 earlier ones and he has delivered some of his worst collections (Couture FW11, Paris-Seoul, the plastic collection) but as a whole it’s very solid.
Seriously, given the number of shows and the state of fashion today I still find the fact that he has at least 2 really good collections per year good.

I just can’t say the same about a lot of designers, even the most successful today.

Resort season is starting and I can’t say that I expect to be really surprised by Michele, Chiuri and Demna. And they don’t have a 50 years career to justify their lack of inspiration.

I can only cross fingers for Nicolas because he has an unexpected way to do things and doing French Riviera is a new thing for him but... We never know.

And Miuccia? I’ve lost my faith in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->