Gucci Cruise 2019

I find it tiring to criticize this as we already know well before the show what it's gonna be like and that for every person rightfully claiming that it is a pile of flatly designed merchandise, there will be at least double the amount of insta-kids jumping in to buy it up.

On a side note, I can still laugh hard about the on-purpose ugly hairdos and the nerd glasses, thinking that nobody wants to look like that, unlike when Tom Ford's gorgeous Gucci goddesses exuded sensuality on his runway shows.

I'm not sure that only Insta-kids are buying Michele's Gucci. With Insta kids as main customers could be difficult to have a revenue which grows from year to year,or from year quartal to next year quartal.
It is simply a Instagram era and has nothing to do with Michele's Gucci, imo.
You can find a lot on Instagram, who post Chanel purchases, who post travel pics, who post lifestyle, who post all he like.
Few days ago i saw Versace on Instagram, a lot of and all love and purchase Versace. Simply change the preferences or hastags and you will not see the Gucci items on Instagram.:wink:

Michele will make a show in the day between MFW and PFW.
Ok, it will be only one show,season collection, than the show will be back to MFW.
Sincerely, i am not sure that it is really good to do show in this timimg and between two FW. I would like to see him in the first day of MFW. But the third part of collections, hommage to France.
In Arles is was great, set, mood, music and clothes. He nailed it.
Maybe little bit too much looks, 114 looks, really big collection.
I think there are many beautiful pieces.
See, F/W 18 was not so big and the show was "sterile-alike" and i'm not sure if his "fans- cunstomers-followers, call how you want, really liked it, so he did what everybody want to see, big collection, gorgeous show, perfect scenestry , eveerything top.

It is a big different between Pleins Cruise and Michele's Cruise.
First what i thought about, hell, i want see Michele's Gucci and i ready to spend my money for his Gucci but i'm not going to buy any Plein item. And he also repeat with same what his customers like and buy , if they would find something, because there were only disco-party looks for sexy wannabees. His show was really lazy and Cruise simply to show he is there.

Plein is not a designer so, i don't have any expectations from him. Plein as a house doesn't have the place or the importance of Gucci.

Alessandro Michele is a talent but if he was doing what he is doing today at Etro or Missoni, it wouldn't be such a such success so, he has a responsability like Maria Grazia or Demna. We aren't anymore in the era where a talent alone can revamp a brand. Today, big talents needs "big names" in order to shine...

So i don't think the Plein/Michele comparison is valid.

ABout the customers, i don't think they cares about the collections because it's all about the products and the hype. It's not even about the aesthetic because for example the influence of Michele in the beauty department is not significant.

To be honest, i'm having a Gucci fatigue and i don't even care that the clothes are well made because as i said when Slimane was at Saint Laurent, it's the least we can expect at this price point. Balenciaga by Ghesquiere was the only time of my life when i had that deep deep connection with the brand that i was sold already even before the show and ready to buy as soon as the clothes were in the shops.

I need to see "fashion", not clothes and this feels like clothes. No matter how loud and costumey or how bold are theatrics, at one point it feels very superficial for me. And i feel the same with Demna even if i have much more respect for Michele as a designer.

I'm starting to wonder if i didn't have too much faith and hope for Alessandro.
Believe it or not, i don't expect every Gucci collection to look the same because in my mind, Alessandro has the talent to really refresh his aesthetic.

You are much kinder to him than I could ever be.

This is the extend of his creativity/talent/skills as a designer. He’s really not holding back the way that someone of vastly superior talent like Nicolas at Louis Vuitton is.

When I saw his costume designs for Madonna’s last tour, I knew he was of lesser talent than I has originally given him credit for. He just designed a literal version of Mexican flowchart for her show. Like literally. Unlike a superior talent such as Gaultier, who took the Frida Kahlo/Mexican revolutionary image to such couture-y heights and mixed it with a genuine gorgeous Goth-y paradox that makes this current Giccu offering so painfully juvenile and so unimaginatively basic.

Take away the expensive and guaranteed mood-building locale, the star-studded front row and the usual, hyped industry-backings, and the themed show accessories-- and it’s just the same old same old kidz playing dressup in their rich and fashion-victim-y old aunt’s 70s/80s wardrobe. And add in a few contemporary accents of sneakers and birkkenstocks and loud logos, and it’s a huge hit with the kidz and those desperate to be down with the kidz. And it’s exactly all this fashion victim-y trope that I totally get why his Gucci is so popular: His is the ultimate banger anthem for the current fashionscape. I wouldn’t change-- or take a single risk either, if I were him.

(I do appreciate that his Gucci is so meticulously branded that the aesthetic, collections and campaigns are so tightly cohesive and no one will mistaken the look of every single piece of collateral as anything but his Gucci.)

It again feels like 150 looks, not dense enough.
But I'm way too satisfied with the whole package than my rational mind tells me to, that's a good thing.

Negative being coats are literally cardboard cutouts. and the structures of some garments are embarrassingly bland. It's time to step up your game, really. your charm is about to wear off.

Hum, Gucci goes esoteric... Interesting.
In a way I like it, but just because I like the theme, but he lost (again) the chance to do a focused, solid and coherent collection. I mean, some pieces are beyond great (like that "corset of ribs" or whatever) and I will definitely check it out some of them on the stores, but the big amount of informations that he wanna bring to us make everything looks very confusing. Its a pity because, like almost everybody said here, its looks like a pile of stuff. 40 looks with a sharp styling and a good editing would make this collection perfect and the impact even bigger.

And for god sake you put "Lacrimosa" as a soundtrack to close the show, this music doesn't deserve the most of this clothes! At least now I got the ideia to watch old McQueen shows with this music in the background, so thanks Alessandro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous show. Truly. It's a beautifully realized, wonderfully evocative production that creates an actual feeling, which I appreciate coming after a string of dopey shows -- the UFO show, the"Brief History Of Cinecitta's Prop Department" show and the operating room show. This actually feels like an environment that these looks somehow fit into, rather than a cartoony backdrop that feels purely designed for Instagram. It reminds me a bit of the smokily lit all pink disco runway he did a handful of seasons ago.

That said, I really wish that he had let himself lean into the operatic, goth-y feeling of the presentation more with the clothes instead of peppering his usual references with a few surface details that maybe echo it in a very shallow way. It wouldn't have even needed to be "GOTHIC" in big bold letters, but something more dark, decadent and a dangerous wouldn't have been unwelcome either. You just can't put on a show which rivals McQueen's "Joan" presentation for fire, brimstone and fabulously hellish imagery and not complete the picture, so to speak.

I can almost smell the stale air coming from the clothes :mrgreen:.
Totally not my cup of tea, but if you want some attention and brand recognition, then this is for you.

Honestly, I think this collection just highlighted all of Michele's shortcomings at his tenure. The messy styling, the lack of design innovation, the ridiculous amount of looks circling around the exact same themes and inspirations... and usually there are pieces that are sensible, incredibly crafted, that feel like a labor of love, but they feel much fewer and far between than in previous collections. The incredible, moody atmosphere and venue just shone a light on those flaws, in my honest opinion.

(I'm crazy about that one men's suit with the flared pants, though.)

I can almost smell the stale air coming from the clothes :mrgreen:.
Totally not my cup of tea, but if you want some attention and brand recognition, then this is for you.

I think attention you get if you have charisma mixed with elegance and style,if you have talent and creativity but not because you wear Gucci, Balenciaga, LV, Off-White.
And Gucci is not a brand which so easy give you recognition, not because you buy the clothes, because in that case they must give a kind of recognition for too many persons, lol.

If you go one time in the big Gucci boutique you will find so many different pieces, from elegant tailored suits and evening dresses till trackpants and t-shirts.

So vintage alike it is not. And the definition of vintage is a "representative of the best" or "representative of the best".

You can simply don't like the kind of clothes which Alessandro Michele designes but sincerely, there are so many and for every taste. One item in Gucci boutique you will find. :wink: :rolleyes::mrgreen:

I love it, it is like dusted jewels I wanna Gucci myself

No theme this time by the looks of it

Which is too bad as it seems like it is referring to something in some places like in the t-shirts.

And Gucci is not a brand which so easy give you recognition.

Gucci is literally the one brand you wear if you want everyone to know what you're wearing nowadays, followed by Balenciaga.

Gucci is literally the one brand you wear if you want everyone to know what you're wearing nowadays, followed by Balenciaga.

Under brand recognition i mean of course not directly the brand ambassador but the appreciation from brand which you wear, lol.

And you don't need to wear exactly Gucci (or Balenciaga) to receive the attention-recognition of the persons, first of all it is not so important what you wear, if you are a boring person you can wear all what you want and nobody will care about you, same is true for the interesting persons, they can wear what they want and they will receive the attention of the persons.
The people which are interested about fashion will recognize many brands, so you can wear Versace, Chanel, LV, Dior or also Moncler ect., the people will recognize the brand of the clothes you wear.
And nowadays it is easy practically for everybody to see who what wear because of "Logomania" trend.

Michele should be in jail for this collection

Yes, but why? What do you like/dislike about this collection? No one is disagreeing with you. We're always interested in reading other peoples opinions, so speak openly.

............it's just a saying
:shock:

My favorite. I love his Gucci from first look he sent on the runway in 2015.
His Gucci is for every taste.
You can like his collections or hate them.
It is a fashion community.

:shock:

My favorite. I love his Gucci from first look he sent on the runway in 2015.
His Gucci is for every taste.
You can like his collections or hate them.
It is a fashion community.

the stitching and the pieces are well made and constructed well

I am just against what he represents

It's a very difficult style to define or put into a category, I suppose this is a good thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->