Chanel Cruise 2021 : Lily-Rose Depp by Karim Sadli

She is still looking like 12, however her face features in 12 looked better. 21 yo woman with child body - don’t think that it’s what Chanel clients are looking for

Chanel is not Instagram. Their customer isn't even in that category.
What do you mean by that? Does that mean that Chanel should stop by into Instagram that much because the real customer and not the people who love Chanel but only windows shopping and could never afford it are into Instagram and that lily rose deep? I have a friend who only buys luxury clothes that funny because brand do big collaboration with celebrity and young people and she never know them, you know rich people live in their bubbles. Chanel should maybe stop caring about making dream the generation z girl would could only dream about it and assume that the 50 years old woman who can buy their products is real.

Chanel is not Instagram. Their customer isn't even in that category. And who in god's name would wear those outfits? They look like cheap Chanel imitations. Lily looks great, but cheap looking clothes are cheap looking clothes no matter who is wearing them. Gisele could probably make them look presentable, but even that would be betting a million.
I'd say Virgine has a good two years left before her mediocre products catch up to her. The pandemic has slowed down sales, so she lucked out this year. Once things pick up her termination will be inevitable.
There are a lot of young people who buys Chanel and even some younger Couture clients who are heavy into Instagram but the problem is what kind of vision you sells as a fashion brand.

Karl managed to project a vision aspirational enough for the younger generation but totally approachable for the core clientele that bought the clothes.

The beach collection is the perfect example. It was a very accessible collection in style with a lot of approachable products for the Gen Z but it had a relevance for the people who could really afford it.

Virginie is not a creative director. She is the director of the studio who got promoted. But obviously, she does not have a vision. Doing products to appeal a younger generation is a task, not a creative vision.

We have to deal with her at least for 3 years I guess.

There are a lot of young people who buys Chanel and even some younger Couture clients who are heavy into Instagram but the problem is what kind of vision you sells as a fashion brand.

Karl managed to project a vision aspirational enough for the younger generation but totally approachable for the core clientele that bought the clothes.

The beach collection is the perfect example. It was a very accessible collection in style with a lot of approachable products for the Gen Z but it had a relevance for the people who could really afford it.

Virginie is not a creative director. She is the director of the studio who got promoted. But obviously, she does not have a vision. Doing products to appeal a younger generation is a task, not a creative vision.

We have to deal with her at least for 3 years I guess.

The problem with Virgine is that she presents Chanel in such an obvious and forced manner. She doesn’t really give the customer room to think, rather it’s presented on a sloppy and lackluster platter. Karl presented collections that were rich with ideas and with lots of versatile products. Women of any age could shop the same collection and make it completely their own. That sense of joy and freedom in gone. Who would actually want to wear Virgine’s Chanel? The red carpet looks are dowdy and frumpy and the runway is mostly unflattering and quite frankly, cheap looking. Couture is a disaster. Luckily for her the brand has such strong loyalty that they can easily look past that. Eventually it will catch up to her. She’s still riding on Karl’s success.

I don't like when people call her a nepotism model. She's is actually gorgeous on her own and as the daughter of Vanessa, she's part of the French fashion royalty. This so called "nepotism" has been around since forever. Isabella Rossellini is the daughter of Ingrid Bergman, Lucie de la Falaise is a daughter Lou Lou de la Falaise. No one's ever said a bad word about Georgia May Jagger or Elizabeth Jagger who are both gorgeous. Sure, it is desperate call for attention to have Sistine Stallone walk in your show and that is nepotism, but usually the fashion genes just pass on to the next generation and that is just fine by me.

UK Town & Country Digital Edition

I like Lily for Chanel! It's a good fit, actually. Creative & clothes are not.

I love it, think the concept of the campaign and the choice to cast Lily-Rose Depp captures the spirit of Virginie's collection perfectly - and the sight of a sun-drenched swimming pool is pretty much exactly what I'm craving right now.

Not to mention how this is a departure from those dark black and white studio shots from I&V for Fall 2020!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->