Chanel F/W 2019.20 by Karim Sadli

Seriously...Karl deserved better. This is wonderful collection, a very important collection that close a very important era in fashion and culture and to have a mediocre amateur lookbook is a pity...Even more considering all the wonderful visuals Karim Sadli has done for the house.
Fendi did it well but this is mediocre. Period! It's almost annoying.

Luna...Birgit...were real Chanel women not available? Rebecca's currency in this industry never ceases to amaze me - although saying that, they've even managed to make Kris look bland here so the poor girl had no hope.

A sad end to a great legacy. For all his faults this is a poor way to send off Karl

Pretty bad campaign (I've seen worse from Chanel in recent years though probably, although a few of those at least had for example Carine's spirit in them). However Mona looks amazing and what a campaign she's having...a real sweep up!

And of course, Carine is behind this mess...
Her lazy self. I love her but she is seriously annoying. I guess it's all about collecting the checks. This is as bad as her work for the Lagerfeld brand.

And that shot that is a pure cheap copy of the US Vogue ed by Meisel and Carlyne...Even more annoying!
You have probably one of the biggest budget in fashion: Get Meisel if you want to copy his work!

Mona looks amazing but even she can't help this campaign from being extremely lazy. And Vittoria is just so boring at this point...

Q4Blgf6.jpg

@love_jingwenll instagram

Happy to see Jing. Mona is gorgeous but the all camel outfit doesn’t really do her justice.

After getting the 'Chanel : The Karl Lagerfeld Campaigns' book a while back and having looked through it from cover to cover, I cannot help but to love this for how it resembles Karl's earlier campaigns from the 90s in terms of layout and styling - and I think that's very fitting for the first without Lagerfeld.

The casting doesn't blow me away, think we could've definitely done with some stronger models and some Lagerfeld favorites but I won't fret too much over the casting. Vittoria, Mona and Rebecca have photographed the best, IMO... and much prefer the solo images over the group shots.

After getting the 'Chanel : The Karl Lagerfeld Campaigns' book a while back and having looked through it from cover to cover, I cannot help but to love this for how it resembles Karl's earlier campaigns from the 90s in terms of layout and styling - and I think that's very fitting for the first without Lagerfeld.

The casting doesn't blow me away, think we could've definitely done with some stronger models and some Lagerfeld favorites but I won't fret too much over the casting. Vittoria, Mona and Rebecca have photographed the best, IMO... and much prefer the solo images over the group shots.

I get what you’re saying but there was something in the styling, the poses or simply in the models that gave some personality and charm to those earlier campaigns.

When you have such basic photography, you better have women who have the personality to carry the campaign. I feel like the cast is very weak in this case...

What was terrible in that book was to see the decline in quality when Carine joined him...Both in castings and in the composition of the photos.

Chanel without Karl already annoys me a lot. That's crazy how a house can no longer be interesting when one person is missing : Karl at Chanel, John at Dior, Alexander at McQueen, etc etc.

Some ads are amazing, but the whole campaign looks like a catalogue. I'm disappointed with the results of these advertisements because was the Lagerfeld's last collection of this brand & i was waiting of a bunch of beautiful pictures for highlight these clothes.

Chanel without Karl already annoys me a lot. That's crazy how a house can no longer be interesting when one person is missing : Karl at Chanel, John at Dior, Alexander at McQueen, etc etc.

Usually it takes at least a year or two for a house to lose it's sparkle. It took Virginie less than 6 months to f*ck it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->