Chanel F/W 2020.21 Paris

This is getting worse each season. It's almost unbelievable. At least, MGC is consistently basic.

Is this a show or a lookbook?? Because it totally looks like a lookbook!

I think the mourning period is over so we can give a more objective opinion on Viard's work: it's faithful to the brand codes but totally lackluster. In a word, dull.
And the Wertheimers, sooner or later, will have to come round the fact that a house like Chanel needs a designer with more vision than this.

OMG.....she already screwed cruise, prefall and two couture shows, her SS rtw was giving me a silver lining, but is FW rtw is the worst.....so plain, dumb and passionless, you don't even see a theme here! and the opening look is just obnoxiously ugly.....

I hope her collection won't sell, especially it seems that Chanel is raising the RTW price, most of her design is even more expensive than Karl's. So Wertheimers will realize very soon that this woman can't handle this position.
She either go back to run studio or be fired!

The set was great! It was abstract and very great! It reminded me so much of the sneakers Couture collection of 2014...
The gift bags were great as usual...
Seeing the sense of unity at Chanel is also very great. It’s a family in the real sense of the word.

That’s pretty much what I can say that is positive about this show. It was a mess, a waste of time...I wonder what she learned from Karl. It’s unbelievable to believe that after 35 years, except maybe the base of construction and an eye on fabrics treatment, she learned nothing from the man. Silvia obviously learned one thing about irreverence and she is good with revisiting the 70’s in her own way...
I get that Virginie was already a young woman when she joined Chanel compared to Silvia who was raised around Karl but come on now!

It took Chanel 11years and 4 designers to recover after Coco died. I hope the Weirthemers won’t wait too long before ending this mess.

Yes, people loves Chanel and despite the insane price increases, women are willing to spend 4000€ on bags and 6000€ on jackets to 10000 on leather pieces but at least, with Karl, the fantasy, the spectacle, the details of the clothes made it worth it. Prices started to become insane in the past decade and at this stage, they needs to come up with something better than that to keep it going.

The set was great! It was abstract and very great! It reminded me so much of the sneakers Couture collection of 2014...
The gift bags were great as usual...
Seeing the sense of unity at Chanel is also very great. It’s a family in the real sense of the word.

That’s pretty much what I can say that is positive about this show. It was a mess, a waste of time...I wonder what she learned from Karl. It’s unbelievable to believe that after 35 years, except maybe the base of construction and an eye on fabrics treatment, she learned nothing from the man. Silvia obviously learned one thing about irreverence and she is good with revisiting the 70’s in her own way...
I get that Virginie was already a young woman when she joined Chanel compared to Silvia who was raised around Karl but come on now!

It took Chanel 11years and 4 designers to recover after Coco died. I hope the Weirthemers won’t wait too long before ending this mess.

Yes, people loves Chanel and despite the insane price increases, women are willing to spend 4000€ on bags and 6000€ on jackets to 10000 on leather pieces but at least, with Karl, the fantasy, the spectacle, the details of the clothes made it worth it. Prices started to become insane in the past decade and at this stage, they needs to come up with something better than that to keep it going.
What things did they put on the gift bags, if I may ask? :smile: :smile:

What things did they put on the gift bags, if I may ask? :smile: :smile:
Beauty products...It’s always beauty products. They are generally previews of What’s going to be on stores the following season. Lucia Pica is always doing the work!

Maria Grazia can sleep well this season, Virginie outdid her in putting out a boring p!ss poor collection. She has no talent that is clear. I mean with the enormous body of work done by Mr. Lagarfeld , if one had half a brain, it would be useful to dip in the archives. Karl's collections were always interesting and beautiful. This is devoid of all that. Virginie, b!tch you need to go!

That crucifix knitted sweater omg :sick: it looks cheap and puke-worthy

This collection looks more like someone trying to do a ‘less is more’ Christian Lacroix-ish collection in the 80s done on a shoestring budget rather than a 2020 Chanel collection

This looks so passionless and sad, like a cheap version of Chanel done somewhere as a diffusion line. I'm surprised no-one says anything. Or maybe they just don't see it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->