Chanel F/W 2024.25 Paris

When Karl was alive, Chanel's show was always the most anticipated thing during Paris fashion week. But now....
I'm looking forward to the LV show so much that I can't even remember that there's a Chanel show today.
Maybe not the most anticipated one, but some kind of milestone of the season, in one way or another. Never paid that much attention to it, neither for the clothes themselves nor for the casting. But it was a highlight, for sure. No matter how or what for. Let's then see how LV does (high hopes, low expectations).

Chanel has become a bane to fashion! Look at it, then go look at the Haute Couture clients thread and you’ll see the plague this’ is. Coco is haunting us.

Vile. One of her worst collections indeed (not that the rest were good by any mean).

I’m shocked bosses at Chanel are OK with her shows. This brand has gone from the top of the top to the most absolute irrelevance.

I am sorry for Virginie, because she’s lovely, but she has no talent to be a Creative Director.

Sales are going well? The person I knew working at Chanel left and I haven’t have info about sales for a year or so.
As much as we love to hate on Chanel they are currently doing better than ever. They released numbers in October that showed double digit growth in every single category. Current chanel is beyond tacky but that’s what the luxury consumer seems to want sadly

The big hats just don't work well with most of the outfits, and the rest is as stale as the previous ones. I actually think the styling of big hat has great potential if she can do the flou like the new Chloe.

Since she can not give us fashion, I wish she focus in give us 100 bourgeoisie, because this still look too cheap for Chanel. You have the atelier, just elevete the quality of everything and make the models look like 1 milion bucks, Karl used to do it, even in his worst, almost often.

This was paaaaainful to watch. I couldn't even finish. But looking the photos now I rest assured that I didn't miss anything. So uninsteresing, unflattering, tacky, stuffy... and the hats were hideous!

How can Chanel have been so bad for so long without change. This is a performance based job no different to a football manager, for instance. The show has become a parody of itself and the butt of all jokes, season in season out. There is no excuse when you have the resources that Chanel has. Imagination and creativity are the only limitations at a house as big as Chanel and the person at the helm has none. Those looks were quite frankly, hideous.

Well you said it yourself, Chanel clothing sales under Viard are very good, her "let's not innovate at all" approach is working well with the real clients.

Well you said it yourself, Chanel clothing sales under Viard are very good, her "let's not innovate at all" approach is working well with the real clients.
Is that sustainable long-term?

I feel like no one I know has been aspiring to have something from the brand for the last couple of years aside from a very rich old lady that buys Chanel because of its prestige. It’s like it doesn’t exist anymore in a way for cool/young/middle-age people. 0 desirability.

I don’t know…

I was obsessed with Chanel since I was like 10 or so (the idea of the brand, not the clothing itself). Now… I think it’s just a brand for lux pr*stit*tes and very old ladies. I don’t think about Chanel a single minute of the month.

Is that sustainable long-term?

That is a valid question, I personally don't know.
I do notice younger generations are not really aware of the Chanel fashions shows like when Karl was in charge, I remember when Chanel was THE show to watch during fashion week and they woud get a lot of coverage on social media (like Balenciaga is doing now).
Can the power of the brand be so strong that they still get great sales for the next decade? I have no idea but it seems the Wertheimer family is willing to take the risk.

Except from the hats (which is very hard to ignore), the clothes were pretty nice. Not all of them of course, but better that the last seasons I guess

For my first Chanel show in years, I was rather pleasant by how visually inoffensive this collection was.
I think sometimes it was chic, sometimes it was interesting, sometimes it was well styled.
I didn’t liked the shoes and as usual the dresses were frumpy (the closing look is horrible) but I think the strength of this collection was that she focused on separates.

Tbh, it felt like an elevated Act1 collection and I can’t be mad because those are the best collections at Chanel.

This is the first collection where I saw a lot of pieces that i love. I think the jumpsuit was good and so was the coated denim jacket with the tweed lining, the knitwear set with the birds, the rust coloured shiny knitted set, the solid black stuff, the tweed vareuse with the huge slit in the middle…

This time, while the pieces themselves were badly designed, I think the prints in the flou section were cute. The bags and other accessories were also kinda good..

Chanel is one of those shows where there are a lot of clients and for some reasons I forgot about it. We were a lot! I was probably the only one not wearing Virginie’s designs but nevertheless, this collection will be a success.

Chanel is not a leading brand in fashion anymore. It’s a leading brand solely in luxury. Those women don’t particularly care about the construction of a dress…Their grandmother wasn’t a seamstress after all. They wants Chanel. But it’s different from when Karl was there because Karl offered a fashion statement. With Karl, the runway show was a moment so you wanted a piece that represented that moment….
With Virginie, the pre-orders will be full solely because the clothes were on the runway.

That being said, good collection by her standards, less logos.
For now, Chanel can afford to just be Chanel because the power of luxury is stronger than the power of fashion.

That is a valid question, I personally don't know.
I do notice younger generations are not really aware of the Chanel fashions shows like when Karl was in charge, I remember when Chanel was THE show to watch during fashion week and they woud get a lot of coverage on social media (like Balenciaga is doing now).
Can the power of the brand be so strong that they still get great sales for the next decade? I have no idea but it seems the Wertheimer family is willing to take the risk.
The annual Piper Sander teen survey showed teenagers rank Chanel as their #5 favorite purse brand. I think it’s safe to say the allure of the brand is still there

For my first Chanel show in years, I was rather pleasant by how visually inoffensive this collection was.
I think sometimes it was chic, sometimes it was interesting, sometimes it was well styled.
I didn’t liked the shoes and as usual the dresses were frumpy (the closing look is horrible) but I think the strength of this collection was that she focused on separates.

Tbh, it felt like an elevated Act1 collection and I can’t be mad because those are the best collections at Chanel.

This is the first collection where I saw a lot of pieces that i love. I think the jumpsuit was good and so was the coated denim jacket with the tweed lining, the knitwear set with the birds, the rust coloured shiny knitted set, the solid black stuff, the tweed vareuse with the huge slit in the middle…

This time, while the pieces themselves were badly designed, I think the prints in the flou section were cute. The bags and other accessories were also kinda good..

Chanel is one of those shows where there are a lot of clients and for some reasons I forgot about it. We were a lot! I was probably the only one not wearing Virginie’s designs but nevertheless, this collection will be a success.

Chanel is not a leading brand in fashion anymore. It’s a leading brand solely in luxury. Those women don’t particularly care about the construction of a dress…Their grandmother wasn’t a seamstress after all. They wants Chanel. But it’s different from when Karl was there because Karl offered a fashion statement. With Karl, the runway show was a moment so you wanted a piece that represented that moment….
With Virginie, the pre-orders will be full solely because the clothes were on the runway.

That being said, good collection by her standards, less logos.
For now, Chanel can afford to just be Chanel because the power of luxury is stronger than the power of fashion.
Your comment said it all
Because you had very low expectations.
It's a very low effort collection, fashion wise. Everything is designed to sell.
Maybe the inspiration came from Temu -_-

I feel like no one I know has been aspiring to have something from the brand for the last couple of years aside from a very rich old lady that buys Chanel because of its prestige. It’s like it doesn’t exist anymore in a way for cool/young/middle-age people. 0 desirability.
Actually, Chanel has become extremely popular with younger buyers. The merchandising strategy since Viard took over has been a real success. I work in finance, and the office floors are just dripping with girls in Chanel - accessories, purses, ballerina shoes, sweaters. It's crazy. And these people don't seem to have any sense of style or even really care about capital-F fashion.

There was quite a lot in this show to like - I can see many of the separates working well for many types of women.

But I do not understand those big floppy sun hats. They were so distracting and look completely out of place with the clothes. Vile.

Actually, Chanel has become extremely popular with younger buyers. The merchandising strategy since Viard took over has been a real success. I work in finance, and the office floors are just dripping with girls in Chanel - accessories, purses, ballerina shoes, sweaters. It's crazy. And these people don't seem to have any sense of style or even really care about capital-F fashion.

There was quite a lot in this show to like - I can see many of the separates working well for many types of women.

But I do not understand those big floppy sun hats. They were so distracting and look completely out of place with the clothes. Vile.
Seriously lol. I feel like some people on this site just believe what they want to for the sake of the art but don’t actually look out in the world. Chanel is EVERYWHERE right now in all forms. Young girls definitely still aspire to this brand, whether or not we like Virginie’s strategy is moot. The numbers are there to back her up

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->