Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

These clothes are so plain.

Designers today simply do not have the capacity, interest or desire to push themselves to truly think about the details.

Balenciaga used to obsess over a sleeve. For days! Designers now really are only capable of thinking in a 2-dimensional sense. They don’t have it in them to think in the 360.

Very sad.

I have to say, this collection looks as if it had been designed by someone from the outside, a complete amateur who has no clue how couture should operate. And that says a lot about Virginie as she's been there for many years and worked alongside one of the most talented and visionary designers fashion has ever had. That being said, the clothes themselves are as unoffensive and "pretty" in a super bland way as they can be. The silhouette suddenly got less cluttered and slimmer, what might be a... sign of a change, I don't know whether a good one. But it's just so lifeless and cold...

I won't even comment on that makeup. Let me say that I don't really want to know the story behind it.

It’s all so dowdy American midwest— like it’s designed for Hillary Clinton and Kamala Harris for their public appearances: Frumpily but respectfully conservative, approachable, homely and practical. Same body types too, apparently.

While I don't like most of what Virginie does, and deep down I feel that sometimes she gets dragged a little too hard, this is so bad. As haute couture, this is the chance to show the core, limitless, undiluted essence of a modern Chanel, and this is for real what they propose??? What a boring time to be alive for a billionaire. I couldn't imagine wanting to shell out that much money for this stuff even with unlimited funds

here is a crazy idea...perhaps she should do a capsule collection with Sacai :woot:

Every time I look at a Chanel collection, it seems though this woman is scared of her own sexuality, her own femininity and just projects her insecurities onto these clothes and the women who wear them.

Something tells me Chanel is perfectly happy with stability. If they had the desire to replace her they would have done it by now. In a way she’s the perfect employee. She does what she’s told and she doesn’t take risks or challenge authority. She’s like the industry’s anti-designer. She does a great job designing the Chanel “line”. With the price increase on bags Chanel is playing it smart by selling other products that don’t challenge or intimidate customers. The clothes are an easy sell. It’s really a shame that the house has become a shell of its former self. The first decade without Karl is going to be interesting.

Something tells me Chanel is perfectly happy with stability. If they had the desire to replace her they would have done it by now. In a way she’s the perfect employee. She does what she’s told and she doesn’t take risks or challenge authority. She’s like the industry’s anti-designer. She does a great job designing the Chanel “line”. With the price increase on bags Chanel is playing it smart by selling other products that don’t challenge or intimidate customers. The clothes are an easy sell. It’s really a shame that the house has become a shell of its former self. The first decade without Karl is going to be interesting.

Ditto! That is exactly what I thought. Today I laughed my *** off when I've read MCG FASHION HITMAKER on BOF and, God my witness, VV is exactly the same. She brings dependability, predictability, reliability to Bruno Pavlovsky and rest of the business. While clothes she "designs" are plain and simple, her attitude is to cool down the house after Lagerfeld's exquisite tenure. She will be there for many more years like MCG in Dior. Their design is signum tempora of our times and there is no one on the horizon to have enough influence to challenge that.

She will be there for many more years like MCG in Dior. Their design is signum tempora of our times and there is no one on the horizon to have enough influence to challenge that.

spot on. Now we need a BIG name with personality and good looking clothes...anyone?

Really disappointed by this. I don't really like her couture. The music is really bland which is unusual for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->