Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

A new low…
It’s just ugly. Alexis Mabille kind of ugly.
At least, Karl had the decency to choose black stockings for the HC SS2007.
Maybe I should go back and watch that show again.

So much talk about women designers against men designers. If the end goal is to look like any of those models, the choice is easily made!

Will she ever improve? I’m trying to root for her. But as usual, some of the models looked like they gained weight wearing the clothes. The proportion of the bridal dress looks so unflattering. And the styling made it all worse. The tight fit shirts and white tights looked unnecessary. It’s like she’s competing with MGC for the frumpiest couturier of the season

chanel haute couture used to be a dream... so sophisticated, elegant and such high level of craftmanship that you wanted to get a piece of. Now its just an extension of their rtw with more embellishment and more fabric.

Margaret Qualley has such a “Children of the Corn” face, having her open is a bit frightening.

The white tights are a poor choice. They’re so unflattering and even though the proportions of these looks are better than her usual outputs, it’s still so lacklustre. Not an ounce of joy or fun to be had, let alone movement, which is the premise of Coco’s design beginnings. If I wanted to look like a limp wallflower dressed in lank curtains, I’d set myself on fire first for ever thinking of doing so.

I know Lagerfeld was seminal in cementing the house's aesthetic, especially going into the 21st Century, but I do think his successors should also try injecting their own original interpretations. There is so much you can do with Parisian references and tweed.

This feels too AUTOPILOT. It's stale. And I am FAR from a Lagerfeld or Chanel stan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->