Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

The problem with color and dowdy proportions persists into this collection. It started okay, with a crispness that reminds me of Karl but it quickly escalates. I think she wants to soften Chanel and make it a bit more gentle, but it’s resulting in a sort of sloppiness and randomness.

At one point she will need to infuse it with a thematic, all collections are blurring into eachother, Karl understood the appeal of having gimmicks in collections to clearly define novelty. I really wonder why anyone would get a new Chanel piece from this collection.

It's so fun talking sh*t about Chanel in this small asss forum, do the fellas at Chanel/Dior etc even know about our existence ? I'm curious ? :wub:
People knows about TFS in the industry. I don’t know if they are as interested as they were 15 or more years ago…
I don’t think they cares. Some designers might care though.

People are well aware that fashion people or people with a strong connection to fashion comments on some specifics threads.

I remember in a pre-instagram world, after each show or campaign of the brand I was working for, we came looking at TFS to have hot reactions. I’m convinced there were people from the studio in the comments! ahaha

People knows about TFS in the industry. I don’t know if they are as interested as they were 15 or more years ago…
I don’t think they cares. Some designers might care though.

People are well aware that fashion people or people with a strong connection to fashion comments on some specifics threads.

I remember in a pre-instagram world, after each show or campaign of the brand I was working for, we came looking at TFS to have hot reactions. I’m convinced there were people from the studio in the comments! ahaha
I think it was back in 2009 when an interview came out with a semi-known designer who was super hurt about how we spoke about her collections lol tFS has always been very critical.

I like the transparencies, and some of the jackets. Abhor the couture-pantaloons-onesies.

ALSO and this might be just me, but Knight Moves by Chilly Gonzales is so embedded in my mind as Chanel Couture FW10 and such a magical fashion moment for me where set, sound, and couture collide create emotion/memory that seeing it used here is kind of sad. Probably due to the lack of any emotion in this

Oh wow this is a new low for Virginie. It lacks taste, it lacks logic, it lacks dream.
I absolutely loathe the white tights but if I had to choose the worst look it’d be this one. It doesn’t even fit!
It’s so bad 😞
IMG_9635.jpeg

baby clothes for grown women smh. for gimmicks they needed a rattle, baby doll, bottle, bibs, diaper bags, and maybe a pram. the set should've been a big nursery with a changing station. soundtrack is a baby prattle/baby shark mixtape. throw in some chanel diapers to round it out. if you're gonna infantilize, go all the way! i would say this is a new low, but she unpleasantly surprises me season after season.

I really wonder why anyone would get a new Chanel piece from this collection.

name brand. strong name brand. customizing some of the tweed two-pieces may salvage the look. maybe.

i doubt its because of her.. it probably has always sold well

Not always I reckon, KL's designs were less wearable (more "out there") and often took more work to produce ($$$). RTW scarcity really took off thanks to the pandemic when people couldn't travel and took to discretionary spending. It hasn't always sold well but it has always been expensive.

I don't understand all the critics. This is, by far, her best work to date for Chanel. This is really couture, very subtile, very feminine, very "Sofia Copollesque" (which means girly, fresh, wearable). Virginie brightens up Chanel's customers and it's always a very good signal for her company...

Thousands of hours of work during months in their ateliers, just to present something that looks improvised at the last moment. Virginie work feels like she is still learning how to draw patterns and sew (and she still has a looong way to finally learn it...if that´s possible!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->