Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

I was never a fan of Chanel as it was always geared toward an "older" style look and this was the nail in the coffin. Lazy styling, and poor execution to the name of Chanel. It looks sloppy and disjointed in using tulle and white bodysuits. Where is the couture, the glamour and the statements? Huge fail.

I wonder can design look stupid 🧐🤨
But of course it can thnx to our beloved,one and only Virginie ❤️

Question: Does anybody know if Michel Gaubert is no longer working as the Chanel DJ? I noticed in this fashion show they played the song "Knight Moves" by Chilly Gonzales, but that song was already used in the Chanel Fall 2010 Couture show and I don't remember Michel using repeated songs at Chanel shows.

Also Virginie Viard kissed Kendrick Lamar and Dave Free right after the show so maybe they selected the songs for this show?

I'm gonna be sad if Michel Gaubert is no longer the DJ for the Chanel shows, he was always on point.

Question: Does anybody know if Michel Gaubert is no longer working as the Chanel DJ? I noticed in this fashion show they played the song "Knight Moves" by Chilly Gonzales, but that song was already used in the Chanel Fall 2010 Couture show and I don't remember Michel using repeated songs at Chanel shows.

Also Virginie Viard kissed Kendrick Lamar and Dave Free right after the show so maybe they selected the songs for this show?

I'm gonna be sad if Michel Gaubert is no longer the DJ for the Chanel shows, he was always on point.
He is still the DJ. Kendrick and Dave is a special thing, much like it was a special thing when Vive La Fete, CatPower, Florence and the machine and Lily Allen were singing live.
He will surely do the soundtrack for the FW in March too.

Maybe he and Virginie likes Knight Moves.

I try not to look at Chanel collections and just ignore its existence. It's just too painful to watch their creative decline sometimes.
However, here I am again and not to my surprise, another new low has been reached.
Honestly, white tights? Who is styling this mess? I guess the stylist too wants to remain anonymous...

I took a look at the Chanel social media and the amount of critical comments about Virginie... Obviously they don't care because Chanel continues to sell extremely well but in the end I don't think a general negative attitude will serve the brand image well. After all they will also have to continue to sell their lipsticks and fragrances. Of course one terrible HC collection won't change a brand image but with continued creative misery that becomes more and more noticed by a more general public, I wonder how sustainable it can be, even for a mega strong brand like Chanel

unfortunately, it died on 19 february 2019.
That's a personal date for me, and it's a tragic one, ha.

this is too simple for HC. It's not the first time I spot such an average collection during HC week, and it comes from Chanel, again. But I tolerare more Virginie than the ones that are incredible overrated (tired of bring those names over and over!).

People knows about TFS in the industry. I don’t know if they are as interested as they were 15 or more years ago…
I don’t think they cares. Some designers might care though.

People are well aware that fashion people or people with a strong connection to fashion comments on some specifics threads.

I remember in a pre-instagram world, after each show or campaign of the brand I was working for, we came looking at TFS to have hot reactions. I’m convinced there were people from the studio in the comments! ahaha
Stylenotcom came from here, so they are aware about us!

Oh wow this is a new low for Virginie. It lacks taste, it lacks logic, it lacks dream.
I absolutely loathe the white tights but if I had to choose the worst look it’d be this one. It doesn’t even fit!
It’s so bad 😞
View attachment 1246016

How did a $25 mail-order Halloween princess costume end up in a Chanel show? It LOOKS like polyester.

This is the most Karl this has been. They clearly told her to rework Karls pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->