Chanel Makeup: What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone I got my order today so excited enjoy it :smile:

photo4.jpg

I love the look of Mimosa and Morning Rose; I have no idea when it is out here in the UK though, probably not for ages :(

I bought Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone today, I have Boy and Romance too. I love the whole Rouge Coco line :smile:

So, Chanel Pro Lumiere is being discontinued as of now, do we have any news on what the replacement is going to be? I hope there will finally be a pale colour, I love chanel foundation but it's always far too dark for me...

^Yep. Rouge Coco in Tehran or Peregrina are rather coral-y. But I doubt they make anything bright orange, you'd probably have to go to MAC or MUFE for that.

^ That's what I've been told. I went to double check my names was still down for mimosa. I'm jealous that some countries already have it.

^Their concealer is no good and their foundations are WAY too dark for me and a lot of people in general... You can go terribly wrong IMO :lol:

The palest shade of Pro Lumiere is literally like fake tan it's so much darker than my skin, I hate it because the formulation is perfection, it's luminous, has beautiful coverage, lasts, diffuses lines, but why so damn dark!?

Temptalia has promo shots and further details of the summer range (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Summer 2011 Collection – Les Fleurs d’Ete de Chanel

Le Vernis ($25.00)
  • Mimosa Yellow (Limited Edition)
  • Morning Rose Pink (Limited Edition)
  • Beige Petale Beige (Limited Edition)
Soleil Tan de Chanel ($50.00)
  • Bronze Corail (Limited Edition)
  • Bronze Rose (Limited Edition)
Glossimer ($28.50)
  • Pensee Coral (Limited Edition)
  • Aurore Peach (Limited Edition)
  • Pink Peony Pink (Limited Edition)
Soleil Tan de Chanel ($48.00)
  • Sunkissed
Les 4 Ombres / Eyeshadow Quad ($57.00)
  • Lilium
Ombres Contraste Duo ($42.00)
  • Khaki Discret Khaki
Stylo Yeux Waterproof ($29.00)
  • Rose Platine (Limited Edition)
Rouge Coco ($32.00)
  • Sari Dore (Limited Edition)
  • Gardenia (Limited Edition)

Mimosa looked terrible on my fair cool skin tone, Morning Rose is almost an exact dupe of Chanel's Mistral, and Beige Petale is a nice neutral but not my cup of tea. The Bronze Roze Soleil Tan, however, is stunning. I have such a hard time finding a bronzer that flatters my skin tome but this one is perfect :heart:

^ Is it only called ''Vamp'' in the US or other countries too? Mine is ''Rouge Noir''.

I thinking I might get ''Morning Rose Pink'' as well. It's pretty.

A short review of Mimosa (temptalia.com:(

Chanel Mimosa Le Vernis ($25.00 for 0.40 fl. oz.) is a bright, sunshine yellow with golden yellow shimmer. It applied fairly well – there was a touch of streakiness in the initial coat, but the pigmentation was excellent, because the color was nearly opaque on that first coat. I used two coats for even, opaque color coverage and found that worked best. The formula was on the thicker side, but it flowed well, and the drying time seemed faster than usual. I typically get a week of wear with Chanel’s polish using a base/top coat.

This is such a pretty summer color, and it's a really wearable shade of yellow. The warmth of the base color along with the warmth of the shimmer allows the color to brighten the skin rather than giving it a sallow look.

And the Ombres compact (same source:(

Chanel Lilium Eyeshadow Quad ($57.00 for 0.24 oz.) is a collection of green and “brown” shades. The lighest shade is a soft peach beige with subtle warmth and a barely-there frost finis. The second lightest shade is a yellowed chartreuse green with a medium frost finish. Next, there is a smoky, bluish green with a blackened base and a metallic-frost finish. The final shade is the most complex, because it’s a mix of mauve, gray, and taupe with a dusting of cool bronze shimmer.

All four shades applied really nicely; pigmented enough to provide true-to-pan color but the texture was soft to allow for really easy application, where the colors blended seamlessly with each other and adhered well to the lid (over a base). There is a mix of tones here–the lighter shades are warmer and brightening, while the two darker shades are cooler, smokier. The size of the quad is nice, too — each eyeshadow is about 0.06 oz., which is a little higher than the average individual eyeshadow (0.05 oz.). When you start thinking about Chanel, their palettes are often the best bang for your buck.

The color palette of the quad is not at all what I think of when it comes to summer but yet it works. It's almost like a mix of spring and fall that pairs well with all of the corals of summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->